Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GameFirst IV

elvio
Level 7
Hi,

I recently acquired ASUS G20BM-NR002T.
I wasn't aware that it came installed with several Asus SW. One of them, the Game First III (updated to IV later) was found to be root cause of lag in game.
Followed several recommedations provide in this and other foruns:
- Assign to game higher priority on task manager;
- Stop ROG Gamefirst service;
- Turn Off ROG Gamefirst;
- Normal uninstall;
- Uninstall using Ccleaner (actually made worse and game become extremely laggy);

None of the above worked.
Also noticed my bandwidth was always limited to 1.8 MiB/s. Tested with filezilla transferring ubuntu.iso. But if I compressed it to several files and tried to transfer again from same ftp, then the default on Filezilla is to allow 2 simultaneous downloads and both were limited to 1.8 MiB/s. So changed to 10 simultaneous download and then could se that the total bandwidth was being shared ball all files. Validated task manager and total download speed finally achieved what I currently have with provider (50 mbps).
There is nothing wrong with filezilla or the ftp. Tested with another PC that has same windows 10 build, same Filezilla version on same FTP. I am pretty sure it is the Gamefirst limiting even "uninstalled".
Noticed also even after doing the above mentioned steps, that as long I have the game running (even if it was just iddle in Menus), the PC was limiting resources.
For example, using 7z to extract the contents of ubuntu.iso it takes a lot more time than when my game is not running. It seems that ROG GameFirst have stored somewhere to reserve resources. Again, even "uninstalled".

This solution provided by Asus doesn't allow to have control of my own computer. Does anyone have this problem? Is there anything else that remove this SW and limits imposed on my internet and PC?
0 REPLIES 0