cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RGB turns off when monitor goes to sleep

MorePower
Level 8
Is this some kind of new feature? I noticed recently that when my monitor goes to sleep all the RGB (mobo, gpu, ram, AIO) turns off. The PC is still ON just the monitor that goes to sleep. Is there an option to leave the RGB ON?
38 REPLIES 38

This issue has been annoying me. It's definitely linked to the Armory Crate update as it began to occur immediately after I updated it.

RGB either goes dark or the colour stalls when monitor goes to sleep. RGB is also now way slower to turn on following start up.

Are ASUS going to acknowledge this issue?

They told me to send my board in as it's defective. Apparently all our motherboards are defective at the same time. It all started with the 1502 bios update for my Prime z390 for me.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
do not sent it. fix of the S3/S4 will get here during the week. is a old issue but we manage these elseehere. fix is coming on 3.0
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
do not sent it. fix of the S3/S4 will get here during the week. is a old issue but we manage these elseehere. fix is coming on 3.0

So there's a patch on the way to address this? Great news if that's the case. Thanks for the info.

MrAgapiGC wrote:

I wasn't planning to send my motherboard in. I know it's not my board. It's on their end. If what you say is true with the update, that's great news.

Just an update, but as of this afternoon my LEDs have begun behaving normally again. I didn't change anything on my end, unless there was an automatic update.

My experience is the RGB stays on, but all animation stops when my monitor sleeps. Now, they do turn off when my whole PC sleeps. This is all by design in these newer version.

I'm seeing the same thing. RGB stays on but all animations pause whenever my monitors sleep.
(PC is still running, it's just the monitors that sleep after 15 mins)

And I'm back to the LEDs turning off when the monitor turns off. It worked for half a day.

If all your RGB lighting is a static color, then all lighting RGB will turn off when the monitor sleeps. If you have color cycling on then RGB pauses animations when the monitor sleeps. This is by design.