cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RGB turns off when monitor goes to sleep

MorePower
Level 8
Is this some kind of new feature? I noticed recently that when my monitor goes to sleep all the RGB (mobo, gpu, ram, AIO) turns off. The PC is still ON just the monitor that goes to sleep. Is there an option to leave the RGB ON?
38 REPLIES 38

pbryan wrote:
Exactly... this one simple thing would turn this from a problem to a feature.

Also, at least in my case, it doesn't turn all the lights off when the monitor turns off, but it stops running the service that animates them, so they just freeze wherever they were. If the goal was to use less power, or make everything go dark when the monitor(s) are off, you'd think they'd blank out all the LED's first. IMO it looks really stupid when it's stuck in mid-animation.

Once or twice I had all the RGB turn off except one RAM stick and the backplate RGB on my Maximus Extreme. Lately its been ok and all of it turns off. My case is the Phanteks Evolv X so the side and front turn off too which is ok but I would still like an option to have them on all the time.

OK... Trying to get around this a different way... uninstalled LightingService and reinstalled an older version... (looks like 3.03.79). Now it continues to run the LEDs while the monitors are off... I've attempted to block Armory Crate, AURA Creator, AURA, and the Lighting and Armory Crate services from outgoing connections via Windows Firewall in an attempt to block any auto updates... We'll see if it continues to work.

Mine has also started doing this. I agree that this needs to be a switchable option. The rgb is how I know my pc is on at a glance when the monitor is sleeping.

I only have Aura installed and it still does the same, when monitor goes to sleep it turns off the RGB of my motherboard and graphics card. As soon as i wake the PC up again by moving the mouse the RGB turns back on. The problem is I can change this on my mouse aswell but not on my keyboard (corsair k70 rgb) so now it just looks weird when 50% of my rgb lighting is turned off while the monitor is off...

I set my monitor to never sleep, just lock screen while away. So far this keeps the RGB on.

Has anyone found a workaround for this other than using a lock screen? I would like it to function as it used to where the monitor being on or sleeping doesn't affect the RGB at all.

Has anyone found a workaround for this other than using a lock screen? I would like the RGB to function as it used to where the monitor status (sleep/awake) doesn't affect the RGB.

boanjangnararmine wrote:
Has anyone found a workaround for this other than using a lock screen? I would like the RGB to function as it used to where the monitor status (sleep/awake) doesn't affect the RGB.

There shouldn't be a workaround. Asus should give us the option to enable or disable this feature. I was thinking that maybe this was caused by a Windows update and not Asus. I'm on 1909 build 18363.836. I really don't know.

Even if they don't give us a workaround, it would be nice if they could acknowledge problems or address them in a thread.

I have the same issue. Just started a few weeks ago, running Aura Sync, not armory crate. My system is set to never go to sleep. The LEDs turn off seconds after my display is turned off after the windows setting for inactivity (I can set it to 1 minute and see the problem every time). I've tried playing with various BIOS settings tied to the RGB on my ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming motherboard.

Everything worked fine until just recently. I've tried all the options in Aura Sync. Nothing works. As soon as windows turns off my monitors, the AURA LEDs all go dark.

Phrawst
Level 8
Happening to me too. My lights stay on but they freeze to whatever state the sequence is in when the monitors go to sleep. I keep my monitors ona very short sleep timer as my PC is in my home theater and I don't want the glow of the monitors bothering me.. so kind of annoying.
Phrawst