cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request: Fire the AURA team.

RGBJOY
Level 8
The amount of AURA problems associated in these forums is astonishing. Then you have the audacity to ask for new feature ideas? What sort of leadership is going on with this particular software? Even uninstalling leaves like 8+ registry keys. It's the junkiest **** I've ever seen and it's unacceptable.

ASUS, hire new talent to develop new AURA software please.

Better yet, the whole ASUS software suite is a littered mess of ideas. I'd just start over. It's a complete joke...
7 REPLIES 7

Terepin
Level 8
Hear hear!

Korth
Level 14
ASUS has always had strong hardware and weak software.

In my RGB experience (which is admittedly not exhaustive), the RGB implementations created by MSI, Gigabyte, Corsair, SteelSeries, Logitech, G.Skill, and NZXT each have their own issues/limitations and while some are better than ASUS AURA in some specifics none of them are any better overall.

What we really need is some sort of RGB LED technology group (with ASUS and all the other RGB-using OEMs as members) which would create and maintain a unified set of RGB platform standards, one set of RGB hardware interfaces and one set of RGB software libraries compatible with all RGB products. Or - if we're lucky - Intel/AMD will design native RGB support into upcoming chipsets, forcing all the motherboard OEMs to comply with their minimum rated specs. But until then, we just gotta live with all the faults of each OEM's RGB "ecosystem", along with all the incompatibilities and conflicts between them.

As for messy uninstalls ... it is what it is. Eight extra (and entirely unused) ASUS Registry keys isn't as offensive as hundreds or thousands of extra (and entirely unused) Microsoft Registry keys, lol. Of course there's always alternative operating systems (like most flavours of linux) which do not use messy (un)installers or Registry keys at all.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
ASUS has always had strong hardware and weak software.

In my RGB experience (which is admittedly not exhaustive), the RGB implementations created by MSI, Gigabyte, Corsair, SteelSeries, Logitech, G.Skill, and NZXT each have their own issues/limitations and while some are better than ASUS AURA in some specifics none of them are any better overall.

What we really need is some sort of RGB LED technology group (with ASUS and all the other RGB-using OEMs as members) which would create and maintain a unified set of RGB platform standards, one set of RGB hardware interfaces and one set of RGB software libraries compatible with all RGB products. Or - if we're lucky - Intel/AMD will design native RGB support into upcoming chipsets, forcing all the motherboard OEMs to comply with their minimum rated specs. But until then, we just gotta live with all the faults of each OEM's RGB "ecosystem", along with all the incompatibilities and conflicts between them.

+ 1:D

I left a similar message on the Corsair forums. There really needs to be some standards in this area or at least some cooperation that results in better implementation for us users.
RVIE X299 System:
Windows 10 Prof 64-bit | Intel Core i9 7900x | ASUS Rampage VI Extreme | Corsair AX 1200i PSU
Corsair 900D | 32 GB 3200 G.SKILL Trident RGB Series | RTX 3090/EVGA GTX 1080 | Acer X34 Predator Monitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | Intel 520 SATA SSD 240GB HD | 2 & 4 TB WD Black Hard Drive
Creative Sound Blaster Z | Logitech THX 5.1 speaker setup

davemon50
Level 11
Personally I think the sheer number of Aura software version updates is a testament to the good effort of the Aura team. They were probably slow to catch on that it was such an issue, but RGB's haven't been a big trend until more recent computer history, and once the team got mobilized they were probably well into catch-up mode. I feel like the proper amount of attention is given by Asus to the RGB issues (now), and as Korth says above it is a complex issue because of all the hardware and software on the market with few industry standards. Don't be too quick to throw stones, they are giving this feature more attention than many others we could discuss. The other thing Asus is being proactive about is collecting feedback in separate threads for each of the versions, and addressing issues in the next version to their best ability. And honestly I don't know what more you want.
Davemon50

AlexB121
Level 7
Same here never had a issue

jagomez
Level 7
having very less aura issues now with new updates. pretty good so far.

panzlock
Level 12
When I use static or breathing functions the RGB light comes on for a few seconds then suddenly blink off never to return unless I change the settings to something else. Why would the static and breathing functions not work? Anyone else have this problem?
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.