cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAMcache II vs. RAMcached III and MB Compatibility

Tesselator
Level 7
About the time the Crosshair x570 first released I got a fantastic deal on a new-in-box retail Crosshair Extreme VI x370 thinking that some day they would add support for ZEN 3 chips like the 5600x, 5800x, and 5800x3D. I noticed some weeks ago that day had arrived and I have since built the system. RAM support is a bit on the low-speed side (or I dunno how to overclock - could be) but overall it's a very nice setup.

I'm of course using ASUS's very fine RAMCach II utility updated to the latest revision but noticed RAMCache III is available for newer motherboard models. I tried to install the version III utility but it claimed some sort of hardware incompatibility with the x370 MB. This begs the questions:

• What are the differences between RAMcache II and RAMcache III?
  • Is there a way or workaround available to install the newer version?
  • What on the motherboard is the installer even checking for?
    I can't imagine RAMcache would actually be dependent on any physical MB features - or is that just my lack of knowledge?

PS: As an aside, does anyone know what the speed limits are for memory on this MB - what can I expect when trying to overclock RAM on an x370 extreme MB?
1 REPLY 1

HumbleSiPilot77
Level 10
Tesselator wrote:

I'm of course using ASUS's very fine RAMCach II utility updated to the latest revision but noticed RAMCache III is available for newer motherboard models. I tried to install the version III utility but it claimed some sort of hardware incompatibility with the x370 MB.

I am in the same boat with a Z370 board that shipped with RamCache II and 1.05.15 was the latest version I was able to find. Let me know if you found a way to run RamCache III.