Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems With GPU Tweak

Kharms
Level 7
Hello all,

Im having problems with gpu tweak.
I have 2 displays, 1 monitor 1920-1080 144hz and 1 TV with a lower resolution (the computer displays 1024-768) 60hz.

When both of the screens are connected to my videocard and I load a profile. everything starts to glitch out, TV no longer connected, resolution of monitor changed and monitor being changed back to 60hz. During the process of loading the profile the screen goes black multiple times, changing resolution.

Having 1 screen connected works just fine.
I am using a gtx 970 with asus gpu tweak V2.7.9.0

What is going wrong and how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3

Distah
Level 7
Kharms wrote:
Hello all,

Im having problems with gpu tweak.
I have 2 displays, 1 monitor 1920-1080 144hz and 1 TV with a lower resolution (the computer displays 1024-768) 60hz.

When both of the screens are connected to my videocard and I load a profile. everything starts to glitch out, TV no longer connected, resolution of monitor changed and monitor being changed back to 60hz. During the process of loading the profile the screen goes black multiple times, changing resolution.

Having 1 screen connected works just fine.
I am using a gtx 970 with asus gpu tweak V2.7.9.0

What is going wrong and how can I fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Did you try downloading the latest Version of Gpu Tweak?

Im pretty sure Asus GPU TWEAK II version 1.0.5.7 is the latest but if you dont want (GPU TWEAK II)
then the lastest for just GPU TWEAK l Version 2.8.2.0 🙂

Kharms
Level 7
I just tried, Its still happening.
The monitor gets the resolution and refresh rate of the TV after I load a profile.
The TV then is no longer recognized by windows.

Thoron
Level 7
Same here, GPU Tweak II 1.0.6.9 and 2 monitors, one is DVI connected 120Hz and second is standard monitor Display Port connected. When I start GPU Tweak and set my profile main monitor goes 60Hz and second monitor goes blank. Windows doesn't see it and I need to restart Windows to have it back.
When I tried to connect main monitor with HDMI (no 120HZ 😞 ) and second monitor to DVI switching profile in GPU Tweak worked fine, monitors were not affected.
It is very annoying because I need to change the fan profile to cool the graphics card because on default it gets really hot (980Ti Strix) affecting whole rig. Would be nice to apply the profile to persist from boot to boot. I would need GPU Twek only to switch profiles then.