cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SupremeFX Sound - No sound certain apps

Chapel
Level 7
So, I've been having weird issues with my Maximus IX Hero.
First, everytime I plug something in, it says that the impedance is equal to or higher than 110ohm and amplification level has been set to Extreme

Second, and most importantly, some apps don't have sound consistently...

Example:
I'm listening to Spotify right now. Sound works fine.
I go to launch YouTube, no sound.
Trying to watch this video actually - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP9yL3n7PPk&feature=youtu.be
Tried other videos, no sound.
Sometimes I do have audio, but it's so sporadic.

Also, when I use Skype for Business, I get all the system sounds from it, but once I initiate a call and the call sounds finish, I get no audio (I can't hear people and they say they can just barely hear me)

I've gone into the playback devices and disabled everything except the Speakers themselves (including the Optical out) so that the Nvidia Outputs or the Dell monitor outputs don't suddenly become the default device. Same with the Recording tab.

Before I run out and buy a dedicated sound card, is there anything I'm missing here? The Skype for Business problem is a big one as it means I need to get a laptop to be my work phone for the day when I'm working from home. Part of the reason I got this motherboard was because it said it had a great onboard sound card system.
4 REPLIES 4

Chapel
Level 7
I rebooted and I was able to get sound, but that's not a fix. It's happened a few times already.

So in Skype for Business, if I'm getting IMs, I get all the sounds. If I get a call, I hear the call ring. If I answer the call, it sounds almost as if the sound card has shut off entirely...

If I do a 'test call' which is baked in, I can hear the Skype ringtone and as soon as the call gets answered, the audio goes dead.

I tried reinstalling the latest driver to no avail.

JustinThyme
Level 13
I dont know that this is the sound card as much as it is skype. Dont use it so not familiar with the settings or tweaks you can do to force what you are using for sound drivers. I do know that its best to go into device manager and disable all the sound devices you dont use. There a bunch of them Realtek, Nvidia and supreme fx. I use only the Toslink out of the Realtek to an external DAC/Headphone amp and have everything but the Realtek digital disabled.

Open your playback devices and look at the VERY LONG list.
This is all I have left after disabling everything else in device manager under sound video and game controllers

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Chapel
Level 7
Yeah, I've done that.

See, I'd chalk it up to Skype for Business too if it wasn't also doing it in Chrome.

If I were to buy a PCIe soundcard, would it still be a RealTek in the end? I'm wondering if all the SupremeFX enhancement crap is causing my issues.

Chapel
Level 7
well, I couldn't figure it out and I do this for a living (A/V, digital telecom, skype, etc engineer) so I bought a Sennheiser GSX 1200 Pro Headset Amplifier which now runs and toggles my headset and speakers. Skype works brilliantly now. I disabled the onboard audio.

If anyone else has this issue, let me know and maybe I'll put some more effort into it but I can't be missing the ability to take my calls for work from home.