cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Armoury Crate automatic updates?

mbushnaq00
Level 10
Is there any way I can prevent Armoury Crate to update the Aura service/LightingService automatically? Everytime I downgrade, it gets updated later by itself!

There is a bug in the latest lightingservice 3.03.85 where the rainbow effect is the same as the color cycle effect. 3.03.79 does not have this issue

Edit: Found a solution, I upgraded to the latest version (3.03.85) and then just replaced the lightservice.exe with the older version (3.03.79), now armoury crate thinks I have the latest version installed while the old exe is being used. All lighting profiles are working as they should.

Update: Asus has released lightingservice version 3.03.89 today which fixes the rainbow effect issue, in addition to lighting freezing issue that I did not mention.
Thank you Asus for releasing the fix!
11 REPLIES 11

-BofA-
Level 7
Same problem here!
ArmouryCrate update itself to latest version and show 502 error after it. I try Armoury Crate uninstall tool many times, delete all Asus drivers manually and reinstall it, finally try to reinstall Windows 11, but latest version always show 502 error. I tired of it, how to stop this stupid automatic updates?

mr_yaya
Level 7
mbushnaq00 wrote:
Is there any way I can prevent Armoury Crate to update the Aura service/LightingService automatically? Everytime I downgrade, it gets updated later by itself!

There is a bug in the latest lightingservice 3.03.85 where the rainbow effect is the same as the color cycle effect. 3.03.79 does not have this issue

Edit: Found a solution, I upgraded to the latest version (3.03.85) and then just replaced the lightservice.exe with the older version (3.03.79), now armoury crate thinks I have the latest version installed while the old exe is being used. All lighting profiles are working as they should.

Update: Asus has released lightingservice version 3.03.89 today which fixes the rainbow effect issue, in addition to lighting freezing issue that I did not mention.
Thank you Asus for releasing the fix!

I have a solution with armoury app connection block, Note: After blocking the internet connection from the armoury crate application, the application is not activated automatically update, then the armoury crate account turns off

Follow number step this images