cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Armoury Crate automatic updates?

mbushnaq00
Level 10
Is there any way I can prevent Armoury Crate to update the Aura service/LightingService automatically? Everytime I downgrade, it gets updated later by itself!

There is a bug in the latest lightingservice 3.03.85 where the rainbow effect is the same as the color cycle effect. 3.03.79 does not have this issue

Edit: Found a solution, I upgraded to the latest version (3.03.85) and then just replaced the lightservice.exe with the older version (3.03.79), now armoury crate thinks I have the latest version installed while the old exe is being used. All lighting profiles are working as they should.

Update: Asus has released lightingservice version 3.03.89 today which fixes the rainbow effect issue, in addition to lighting freezing issue that I did not mention.
Thank you Asus for releasing the fix!
11 REPLIES 11

Re
Level 10
mbushnaq00 wrote:
Is there any way I can prevent Armoury Crate to update the Aura service/LightingService automatically? Everytime I downgrade, it gets updated later by itself!

There is a bug in the latest lightingservice 3.03.85 where the rainbow effect is the same as the color cycle effect. 3.03.79 does not have this issue

Edit: Found a solution, I upgraded to the latest version (3.03.85) and then just replaced the lightservice.exe with the older version (3.03.79), now armoury crate thinks I have the latest version installed while the old exe is being used. All lighting profiles are working as they should.

do you have monitors with Aura Sync?*

Re@per wrote:
do you have monitors with Aura Sync?*

I dont, I only have strix flare keyboard and gladius mouse connected to my scar 2 laptop

MorePower
Level 8
mbushnaq00 wrote:

Update: Asus has released lightingservice version 3.03.89 today which fixes the rainbow effect issue, in addition to lighting freezing issue that I did not mention.
Thank you Asus for releasing the fix!

Are you sure it updates automatically? If I go to the Update Center it lists what is out of date and has a update button next to it or I can click update all.

MorePower wrote:
Are you sure it updates automatically? If I go to the Update Center it lists what is out of date and has an update button next to it or I can click update all.

yes even if u do not click on update, it will update by itself after a while. I have tested this multiple times

DryreL
Level 9
I'm getting 502 error. It was working fine before update. How to disable it?

Nate152
Hi DryeL

Try using the Armoury Crate uninstall tool from the ASUS Support Center and reinstall.

Select your operating system then click Show all in blue, it's the third download.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/Armoury%20Crate/HelpDesk_Download/

Once uninstalled, install Armoury Crate version 3.2.2.3 and run all the updates.

Is the 502 error gone after this?

It's definitely automatic. I haven't touched Armory Crate or aura in months and suddenly my CPU is spiking and fans are going off and I keep getting notifications about Aura performance mode.... click on Armoury Crate and it's suddenly installing stuck forever on "installing peripherals" while my CPU fans are kicking up. I don't like it when software does stuff behind my back without my instructions...

420Assassin
Level 9
Block Asus Armory in windows firewall so it can't get internet access.

Englishman_Xper
Level 9
The updates always makes me feel like playing lottery with Armoury Crate, no, normally they won't be automatic but if you don't update anyway, you can't even change the RGB, the device page is inaccessible till you update.

I've been saying this for a long time, don't force update on us, the last update bugged my Ryujin OLED and no one even replied my topic!!!
No help 4 U 😞

The first time it was the Gladius 2 Origin, it would let me get to the device settings as it would say disconnected.

Super nice.....