Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI Simple Communications Controller driver missing

justforgroups
Level 9
Motherboard: IX Code, latest BIOS installed
Software: Windows 10 x64
Problem: PCI Simple Communications Controller driver missing from Device Manager (yellow triangle)

Research has lead me to understand that the MEI Intel Management Engine software is required to fix this problem. However the IX Code support page does not have the MEI driver listed under the 'Chipset' category, unlike other motherboard support pages.

Any idea how I can get the MEI driver for the Maximus IX Code please? Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Nate152
Hello justforgroups

You are correct, install the MEI driver to fix the pci simple communications controller. I'll find out if there should be an MEI driver at the support page which I'm pretty sure there is.

You can run windows 10 update or install it from the motherboard disc.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello justforgroups

You are correct, install the MEI driver to fix the pci simple communications controller. I'll find out if there should be an MEI driver at the support page which I'm pretty sure there is.

You can run windows 10 update or install it from the motherboard disc.

Thanks Nate152. Can I pick the PCI driver from one of the other motherboard support areas, if it's just a generic driver from Microsoft? I still don't see an entry for it in the IX Code Chipset section. Windows Update didn't pick it up and I don't have a DVD driver.

Thanks.

Nate152
I've been told you can use the drivers for the maximus ix formula as it's basically the same as the maximus ix code.

Try the MEI driver from here, select your OS then click chipset it's listed with the chipset driver.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/

Let me know if this works.

Nate152 wrote:
I've been told you can use the drivers for the maximus ix formula as it's basically the same as the maximus ix code.

Try the MEI driver from here, select your OS then click chipset it's listed with the chipset driver.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/

Let me know if this works.

Hi Nate152,
I installed the MEI from that link and it worked just fine. Thank-you!

jfg

System must have pci simple communications controller driver installed correctly. It displayed in Device Manager list with Yellow Mark in case driver not install. To find it you need to go Device Manager > Other devices > pci simple communications controller. When you install the driver then you don’t see yellow mark again.