cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS FOR THE MviH MB

bigr3tr0
Level 7
Can someone please help me get an OS on this thing before I pull my hair out haha 🙂

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
10 REPLIES 10

Menthol
Level 14
big3tr0,
We would like to help you can you list all your hardware, which OS version, and be more specific with your issue, how are you trying to install, from USB, CDrom, to what kind of drive

bigr3tr0
Level 7
Absolutely my friend,

I have

MotherB: Asus Maximus 6 Hero
CPU: Intel i5-4460
RAM: 2 GB
HDD: 1TB
No graphics card

bigr3tr0
Level 7
Problem: i put the hardware together and it boots fine. I can't figure out where to go from here. What OS is most compatible so I don't have to update drivers and bios settings. As far as method of use, I can do either boss.

bigr3tr0 wrote:
Problem: i put the hardware together and it boots fine. I can't figure out where to go from here. What OS is most compatible so I don't have to update drivers and bios settings. As far as method of use, I can do either boss.

Windows 10 is the way to go.

Menthol
Level 14
Win 10 is really they way to go, it will have all needed drivers and will auto updated any drivers as needed, Win 7 is also an option for you but Microsoft is starting to end support as much as possible and you will need to download some needed drivers and install yourself to get everything working properly
The best way is to download the Windows Media Creation tool which will download the latest version and burn it directly to a USB stick for you if you have access to a PC.
You can install without a code key then purchase a key online from numerous retailers for $15.00 to $40.00 dollars U.S. instead of $200.00 dollar retail from Microsoft

bigr3tr0
Level 7
Sounds legit af, let the slow download begin! I will be using an old DDR2 Mobo with 1GB of RAM to plow this field. LOL. Maybe I should get a friend to use their computer to download.

bigr3tr0
Level 7
It works beautifully.

bigr3tr0 wrote:
It works beautifully.

Windows 10 is beautiful after all. 😉

Menthol
Level 14
Good to hear thanks for reporting back