cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Null window error

Re
Level 10
I get a Null window error if I shutdown my computer. Does anybody know how to fix that?*
3 REPLIES 3

JBM
Level 7
I am encountering this error too. Originally I saw it on my old computer when I upgraded the GPU from a asus 1070 to a asus 3070
and installed armoury crate

Only way I could remove it was uninstalling armoury crate.

But now I have built a new computer with all new asus components except for GPU which was moved from the old pc and I am getting this error again.

I think it has something to do with armoury crate software??

JBM wrote:
I am encountering this error too. Originally I saw it on my old computer when I upgraded the GPU from a asus 1070 to a asus 3070
and installed armoury crate

Only way I could remove it was uninstalling armoury crate.

But now I have built a new computer with all new asus components except for GPU which was moved from the old pc and I am getting this error again.

I think it has something to do with armoury crate software??

well I have 2 computer same hardware and the other has no errors.. really wired. I saying uninstalling AC is fixing this error? I have a fresh windows install after installing AC I run sfc /scannow and it found some errors and repaired them. At the moment I have no errors. Which hardware you have? Have you installed ac from bios or you manually downloaded it? Have you run sfc /scannow. I mean if ac is the problem why is this error so rare. Can’t find anything in google.Â*

MJ
Level 7

HI, I know this is an old thread but I want to report my incident in case other people have the same problem in the future. So in my case I had the windows null error crash on multiple random background applications on shut down/Restart and also on foreground applications like a mail program or a browser  at shut down/Restart. I had tried all the obvious solutions like sfc /scannow, and power trouble-shooter etc. etc. but none of them fixed the problem. So I noticed that I had some errors in the event viewers application log and they all related to the same problem, in my case my Spatha mouse, specifically “ifSpatha.dll”. I also had the Asus Armoury Crate application installed and I think it’s a combination of this program and the Spatha mouse, anyways at the time of writing I have unplugged the mouse and uninstalled the mouse software and now all the windows null error crashes have disappeared. I’m so sick of messing around with this problem that I think I will just leave it at this and use my Spatha mouse on another system and get a new mouse, it was too heavy for FPS games anyway. But if you want to keep your mouse and keep Armory Create I think you should uninstall both, then install the mouse, plug in the cable to the mouse and do a firmware upgrade, plus update the mouse drivers to the latest, and then install Armory Create afterwards (might work this way). Anyway if you have the null errors but it’s not related to a Spatha mouse, you might wanna look for clues in the event viewers application log for a common denominator