cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ASUS ROG G751JY Reinstall - Driver Help Please

FarStrike
Level 7
I have a new ROG G751JY which crashed through a failed Windows Update. The only option was a clean reinstall (In-Place Repair would not work)

I'm looking for help in getting my machine back to the way it looked when I bought it. Same background pic, same ASUS apps etc. This is my first ROG (Which blew me away with the amazing build quality, packing etc). The web site though is terrible in giving guidance on which drivers to install and in which order. The Samsung laptops I had previously has a master program which ensured all related apps got installed.

An example of how using the ROG website is just not working out - selecting model number, then OS (Win x64) reflects what is available (without guidance and no real explanations on what some of the more obscure programs are). Installing the ASUS USB Charger Plus (example) now pops up with a return error/info screen everytime Windows loads.

There was also an ASUS utility (no idea on its name) which was like a Dashboard displaying all related h/w info, plus graphics driver version etc. And I really miss my ROG Windows background 🙂

Any guidance to get my machine back to how it was when delivered would be greatly appreciated.
"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act but a habit" -- Aristotle

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there" -- Cheshire Cat

"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery and Today is a Gift. That's why we call it the Present" " -- Unknown
7 REPLIES 7

Eleiyas
Level 10
For most of the drivers, you are better off downloading them from the official sources, as most of the ones on the ASUS support site are now out-of-date.

If you don't mind them being a bit out of date; in order to make sure you have the correct drivers as a starting base - there should be a driver CD that came bundled with the laptop, which you can use.

Have you made sure you have the esupport folder in the C:\ drive? most of the drivers and installation files are in there.

If not, you can pretty much download & install everything from here:
https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G751JY/HelpDesk_Download/

As for the desktop background, if you no longer have the esupport folder in your C:\ drive, then you'll have to ask someone to give you the image, or try and find it on Google.

JustinThyme
Level 13
The laptops dont come wit a driver CD. I know the esupport folder has been posted here more than once. Look around and see if you can find a link. That folder is on every factory image. My G751JY is being used by my Daughter who is away ATM. If you still haven't resolved it when the machine gets back home in a few weeks Ill upload the esupport folder that has all the software and default drivers. However as already stated most of them are way out of date now and youd be better served finding them on the OEM vendors pages. Only thing you wont be able to get would be a few ASUS software releases like sonic studio.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Many thanks for the replies. Will follow the link now as well as check the box and look for the folder. Progress 🙂
"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act but a habit" -- Aristotle

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there" -- Cheshire Cat

"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery and Today is a Gift. That's why we call it the Present" " -- Unknown

NeoBeum
Level 9
Have a look at the note book section, I'll be dumping the g751 drivers for Windows 10 1703 (Desktop - not server) after i test the most stable ones

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?94784-G751JY-Windows-Server-2016-All-Drivers-amp-Hardware-...

Thanks NeoBeum. I had a look at the thread but not sure what you meant by "the notebook section" Sorry mate, where were you pointing me at? Looks like a heck of a project you have going there 🙂

Anyone know what that ROG full screen desktop app is that shows Nvidia, speed, card and other info? Red background screen which scrolls to the right.

I've not installed the ATK package after reading up on the forum. It's not very well explained exactly what it does and why we would need it.

Not knocking ASUS as I love my ROG (first time I've ever been excited about a notebook lol) But their product website is one of the worst I've come across. It needs the same sort of love they've put into their awesome technology. After all, the product stays with us for years and their product website is their only touchpoint for their customers. Make it a pleasing experience and we will come back for our next purchase. And I want to come back again, one day.

FarStrike wrote:
Thanks NeoBeum. I had a look at the thread but not sure what you meant by "the notebook section" Sorry mate, where were you pointing me at? Looks like a heck of a project you have going there 🙂

The gaming notebook section of the forum dedicated for the g series

There's a link to another thread in the link i posted here that takes you to my original post with drivers

Thanks NeuBaum.

I've gone through that thread now searching through all your posts to find the thread you are referring to. Having a chuckle at quite a few of your comments/situations.

Do you know what that ROG full screen desktop app is that shows Nvidia, speed, card and other info? Red background screen which scrolls to the right?

Thanks again for your time.