cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nahimic Service causing programs to startup slow

phatmonkey
Level 9
Hello there, noticed today some of my programs not all, mainly firefox, emclient, aimp player, chrome takes ages to load up when I click on them, i then disabled all non MS services via msconfig and everything was fine, I then began the long journey of finding out which service was the culprit, it was the NAHIMIC service. Everything now loads up as fast as usual, I could not figure out why all of a sudden this service would cause problems as I had not manually updated anything, but then I noticed via the MS STORE that Sonic Studio 3, Sonic Radar 3 had updated yesterday in the background, I believe this NAHIMIC service is linked to this?
If anyone can give me some insight or if you also have experienced slow downs etc...
Also is this NAHIMIC service needed for anything special?

Cheers
Ryan
Windows 11 | Rog Maximus Z690 Hero | i9-14900K | Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800mhz 64GB | MSI 4090 SUPRIM X | Apollo x16 | Quantum 2626 | ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ | H150i RGB Pro XT | AX1200i | Dark Core Pro SE | K100 RGB

62 REPLIES 62

phatmonkey
Level 9
I think Asus wont bother fixing it as it may be a Realtek issue, I did contact realtek personally over a year ago about a driver issue (unrelated) and I never got a reply, so.... I would not hold my breath...
Windows 11 | Rog Maximus Z690 Hero | i9-14900K | Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800mhz 64GB | MSI 4090 SUPRIM X | Apollo x16 | Quantum 2626 | ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ | H150i RGB Pro XT | AX1200i | Dark Core Pro SE | K100 RGB

phatmonkey wrote:
I think Asus wont bother fixing it as it may be a Realtek issue, I did contact realtek personally over a year ago about a driver issue (unrelated) and I never got a reply, so.... I would not hold my breath...

well i still hope in a fix... seem that the user MoKiChU is doing something with the R&D of nahimic, realtek and asus

dfaovred wrote:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341-drivers-realtek-hd-audio-(uad)/page69

it worked!!!! Finally

guys we have a fix!!!! Everyone follow the new guide!

Wrathier
Level 7
I finally got Sonic Radar to work and was so happy - but that lasted shortly.

My apps started freezing and I decided to get rid of that software called Sonic Radar and Sonic Studio.

It seems to me that ASUS's software is often bugged... I don't know why I always choose that brand anyway, but I guess old habits die hard..

[img" TARGET="_blank">https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/pe1ei0-6.png[/img]"]

AlexTUF
Level 7
Hello, yes I did had to disable on my ASUS ROG PC the nahimic service. It was delaying all my programs, Chrome, IE, Edge, Steam, Battlenet launcher etc etc
Really is a crap!

LeChat
Level 8
I just updated to 2004 and after that, almost all my programs were starting very very slowly. I disabled Nahimic and magic! everything fixed. No more long delay when launching certain programs.

Cheers!

LeChat wrote:
I just updated to 2004 and after that, almost all my programs were starting very very slowly. I disabled Nahimic and magic! everything fixed. No more long delay when launching certain programs.

Cheers!

I had the same issue but at first didn't know it was the Nahimic service. I too just updated to 2004. Chrome would take 5 seconds to start and I had an issue with GeForce Experience screen recording. The sound was corrupt with weird poping and static sounds being recorded. I then found out it was this service that is linked to Sonic Studio 3. I never really used SS3 so I uninstalled it and disabled the Nahimic service.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

In order to fix that, follow this process (with the drivers package contained in this same thread) : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?117596-DRIVERS-Realtek-Audio-(MB-Intel-2xx-3xx-4xx-amp-AMD....
For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Note : You have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboards.

Brandhor
Level 7
I have a Maximus X Hero and I had the same problem after updating to 2004 but I've managed to solve it by installing the 6.0.1.8746 HDA drivers from the asus website instead of the UAD drivers from MoKiChU's thread, they are a bit older but so far they work without any slowdown