cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nahimic Service causing programs to startup slow

phatmonkey
Level 9
Hello there, noticed today some of my programs not all, mainly firefox, emclient, aimp player, chrome takes ages to load up when I click on them, i then disabled all non MS services via msconfig and everything was fine, I then began the long journey of finding out which service was the culprit, it was the NAHIMIC service. Everything now loads up as fast as usual, I could not figure out why all of a sudden this service would cause problems as I had not manually updated anything, but then I noticed via the MS STORE that Sonic Studio 3, Sonic Radar 3 had updated yesterday in the background, I believe this NAHIMIC service is linked to this?
If anyone can give me some insight or if you also have experienced slow downs etc...
Also is this NAHIMIC service needed for anything special?

Cheers
Ryan
Windows 11 | Rog Maximus Z690 Hero | i9-14900K | Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800mhz 64GB | MSI 4090 SUPRIM X | Apollo x16 | Quantum 2626 | ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ | H150i RGB Pro XT | AX1200i | Dark Core Pro SE | K100 RGB

62 REPLIES 62

MrAgapiGC wrote:
I am running driver 6.0.8591 in my code.

Console 1.2.159.0
SS3 ver 3.14.5.0

I did get a update from windows update from Avolute 1.3.1.0

i do not have issues for the moment I will report back again on a few days

Cool, waiting for update.

1mluer
Level 11
I just disabled them from starting. If you don't have the head set I understand it's not used anyway.

task manager > startup tab > right click the software and disable from starting. I was going to completely uninstall that software but haven't yet.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
I just disabled them from starting. If you don't have the head set I understand it's not used anyway.

task manager > startup tab > right click the software and disable from starting. I was going to completely uninstall that software but haven't yet.

This worked for me, thanks.

Every time I logged into Win10 this thing popped up asking if it could run, twice! It also stopped my keyboard (Corsair K95) from loading the colour profile properly! Didn't think it would be anything to do with my headset! (Strix Fusion 700).

Oh well.

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

NahimicService (which is one of the elements of the Nahimic/Sonic Studio III integration files) can generate bugs/conflicts with software/games/other drivers (Example : Chrome startup hanging a few seconds) which are sometimes very complex to detect and that A-Volute (Nahimic/Sonic Studio creator) are rather long to fix.

In order to have a pure Realtek version of the drivers, without NahimicService or other third party, a more stable system, I use and I propose the Standalone version.

Here is the latest version for ASUS ROG motherboards (if you want switch to Standalone version, use the FIRST INSTALL/CLEAN INSTALL tutorial of Standalone install type) : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

NahimicService (which is one of the elements of the Nahimic/Sonic Studio III integration files) can generate bugs/conflicts with software/games/other drivers (Example : Chrome startup hanging a few seconds) which are sometimes very complex to detect and that A-Volute (Nahimic/Sonic Studio creator) are rather long to fix.

In order to have a pure Realtek version of the drivers, without NahimicService or other third party, a more stable system, I use and I propose the Standalone version.

Here is the latest version for ASUS ROG motherboards (if you want switch to Standalone version, use the FIRST INSTALL/CLEAN INSTALL tutorial of Standalone install type) : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105341

In case you really need Sonic Studio III, use this same link to try the latest version with Sonic Studio III (use the FIRST INSTALL/CLEAN INSTALL tutorial of Sonic Studio III install type).

gieffe22
Level 7
guys i have thhe same problem from a couple of weeks on my rog gl704gw... impressive delay when launching chrome or media apps.

The onyl thing that work for me is uninstalling sonic studio, i tried updating driver (up to the new 8742 from ga502 page), updating nahimic service, NOTHING, now sonic studio even open anymore (probabblsy a mess with all installing and uninstalling thing)

gieffe22 wrote:
guys i have thhe same problem from a couple of weeks on my rog gl704gw... impressive delay when launching chrome or media apps.

The onyl thing that work for me is uninstalling sonic studio, i tried updating driver (up to the new 8742 from ga502 page), updating nahimic service, NOTHING, now sonic studio even open anymore (probabblsy a mess with all installing and uninstalling thing)

Just disable Nahimic service , you can leave Sonic studio 🙂
Type services in the windows search bar, scroll down to Nahimic service, double click it and change startup type to disabled.
Windows 11 | Rog Maximus Z690 Hero | i9-14900K | Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800mhz 64GB | MSI 4090 SUPRIM X | Apollo x16 | Quantum 2626 | ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ | H150i RGB Pro XT | AX1200i | Dark Core Pro SE | K100 RGB

phatmonkey wrote:
Just disable Nahimic service , you can leave Sonic studio 🙂
Type services in the windows search bar, scroll down to Nahimic service, double click it and change startup type to disabled.

nada, because when i disable nahimic service sonic studio doesn't start (it remains on splash screen without go any further)... so basically i think that i'm stuck without EQ if i not format or in the wait for a new update of nahimic service or studio

gieffe22 wrote:
nada, because when i disable nahimic service sonic studio doesn't start (it remains on splash screen without go any further)... so basically i think that i'm stuck without EQ if i not format or in the wait for a new update of nahimic service or studio

That is not normal behaviour for Sonic, I am using it fine with Nahimic disabled, try uninstalling then re-installing again then disable Nahimic?

phatmonkey wrote:
That is not normal behaviour for Sonic, I am using it fine with Nahimic disabled, try uninstalling then re-installing again then disable Nahimic?

and don't know what is you laptop and if you has older version of realtek driver non DCH... but in the new ones nahimic services is basically the bridge beetween driver and sonic studio so i think that there are no hopes untill asus or microsoft fix this ****... fortunately audio works good even without sonic studio except for less bass (i was to have bass slider a bit lifted up) and a volume stabilization feature on some audio's (it was usefull especially on yutube)