cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movies Not Working!

BrodyCanuck
Level 7
Hello, I've had a ASUS G74SX-DH73-3D for 4 years now, and this is the first time I've tried putting a movie into it, but they aren't working.

A Roxio Cineplayer thing popped up asking me to make an account when the disc was put into it, then after all of that, the player came up, but it wouldnt display anything. At first I was trying to play a 3D Blu Ray, then I just tried a regular Blu Ray, then I tried a DVD and none of them would work. It sounds like it was loading, you can see a bar on the player moving, but after a long amount of time, it still wouldnt play anything.

The Roxio Cineplayer says it is 5.0, yet there are no updates for that version on the Roxio website. The DVD/CD-ROM drives in my device manager says that the driver is up to date when I try to do the automatic updates. Its a Mat****a BD-MLT UJ240AFW. (apparently that word isnt acceptable on here lol... Mats.hita without the .)

I tried to play Jurassic World and also Men in Black 3.

I know with Blu Ray players you sometimes need to update firmware to play newer movies, but there doesnt seem to be any updates around for these things I have...but I am a noob at this stuff.

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask for help in. Thanks.

PS. I got a telescope for Christmas, and it came with 2 discs, they both worked on my computer, so it seems like my laptop is loading other discs just fine.
2 REPLIES 2

toronto699
Level 13
Here is my suggestion, Go buy the Blue Ray Movie Terminator Genisys , it will ask u to update your BD Player Software , On MY PS3 , PS4 both with the latest firmware would not play the Terminator unless I let it update the software, On My PC With Cyberlink DVD Ultra Version 15 with all updates the Terminator movie would not play unless I let the movie update the software,... The Software update on the Genisys movie will update your DVD player for all movies,

@toronto699 wrote:
Here is my suggestion, Go buy the Blue Ray Movie Terminator Genisys , it will ask u to update your BD Player Software , On MY PS3 , PS4 both with the latest firmware would not play the Terminator unless I let it update the software, On My PC With Cyberlink DVD Ultra Version 15 with all updates the Terminator movie would not play unless I let the movie update the software,... The Software update on the Genisys movie will update your DVD player for all movies,

Tried it on my PS4, worked like a charm, Thanks for the suggestion 👍