cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Temperature

taksdd
Level 7
Hi,
What would be the best way for monitoring the temperature (?) Preferably in windows.
I will have Maximus Hero VII board.
Also I know this is not the motherboard thread - but how many sensors does the motherboard have? Would I need any extra sensors or these on MB are enough?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Nate152
Hello taksdd

Real temp 3.70 and Hwmonitor are both good. HWMonitor gives more than the cpu temp, real temp just gives the cpu temp.

You don't need any more sensors.

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Reaaltemp Ti also gives you operating frequency, clock, multiplier and load, VID or CPU power or time, c-state statistics, and can alarm on temperature. It is more compact than hwinfo64 and can be started minimized displaying max core temperature in the system tray. HWinfo64 can do all of this except for the processor c-state statistics. Hwinfo64 can also display time series graphs for any of the items it monitors, including disk and gpu values. I use both depending on my needs, realtemp being more lightweight.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case