cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LightingService.exe is activating EAC anti-cheat on games

Nifol
Level 7
Built this new system around a X470 ROG Strix-F and now when I go to fire up a game that uses EAC for anti-cheat, Dirty Bomb in this instance, I get this

and am unable to launch the game. I've raised this with EAC and the reply I got back was this

Thank you for contacting us.
The software in question uses vulnerable components that can be used for cheating or cause unexpected errors. That is why we recommend closing this application before starting the game. If the developers fix the vulnerabilities, we will add it to our whitelist.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.
In the meantime have a great day!

I don't really want to close the application before playing as I have the LEDs set to moniter temps, and neither should I if I'm being completely honest.. So, what are the chances of whatever the problem is being rectified?
31 REPLIES 31

xthane
Level 7
Yep. Pretty annoying inconvenience

MoKiChU
Level 40

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Do you have the issue with version 1.06.17 of AURA Sync ?

No, I believe that version does not trigger EAC. The last two do. ASUS? Please provide some info here. I own a crosshair VII hero, and it's the 1st ASUS MB I've owned in years. Engineering wise, It's a total beast, but we just got Aegis 1.0.0.6 a few weeks ago. That's just not acceptable. The audio drivers are OLD AS .... And Aura is tripping the anti-cheat on the most played game in history. Come on man. Back to MSI or Gigabyte I go I guess. And the VRM's on the Z390 boards. Shame on you.

Take care of your customers. We have many purchasing alternatives.

Sedare
Level 8
So I just started getting the weird anti-cheat error for Fortnite and Apex Legends today and only after I updated Asus Aura to 1.07.36 and I also mucked with the new Chipset drivers available on their website, which is a whole other issue since it says 17.12 but AMD has 18.10 drivers available (really the software for updating chipset drivers blows). So why would I get this error only just now? So weird.

Sedare wrote:
So I just started getting the weird anti-cheat error for Fortnite and Apex Legends today and only after I updated Asus Aura to 1.07.36 and I also mucked with the new Chipset drivers available on their website, which is a whole other issue since it says 17.12 but AMD has 18.10 drivers available (really the software for updating chipset drivers blows). So why would I get this error only just now? So weird.

Perhaps yet another vulnerability that can be exploited by cheating software has been found by EAC (easy anti cheat)

They normally tell the vendor (ASUS in this case) of that vulnerability giving them time to patch said software.

what has probably happened is that time has now expired and no dialogue form ASUS to EAC has occurred so EAC has blocked that process from running while your gaming to try and stop the cheating software exploiting it.

you can continue to game by killing the process lightning.exe prior to launching your game, but every-time you restart you have to rinse and repeat.

Or just uninstall the software AURA until it is patched.

SaLSouL wrote:
Perhaps yet another vulnerability that can be exploited by cheating software has been found by EAC (easy anti cheat)

They normally tell the vendor (ASUS in this case) of that vulnerability giving them time to patch said software.

what has probably happened is that time has now expired and no dialogue form ASUS to EAC has occurred so EAC has blocked that process from running while your gaming to try and stop the cheating software exploiting it.

you can continue to game by killing the process lightning.exe prior to launching your game, but every-time you restart you have to rinse and repeat.

Or just uninstall the software AURA until it is patched.

Hello i’m french, sorry for my language

the last version released yesterday fixes the problem.

Number 1.07.71 available on the X-470 motherboard support page.

Enjoy....*

Powerpomme wrote:

the last version released yesterday fixes the problem.

Number 1.07.71 available on the X-470 motherboard support page.

So can i also use this version with my CROSSHAIR VI Mainboard with X-370?

SirRobin wrote:
So can i also use this version with my CROSSHAIR VI Mainboard with X-370?

yes, of course.

vBDKv
Level 8
Clearly Asus isn't the one to blame here and I wont uninstall it, I'll just install games that refuse to work because of this god awful anticheat that clearly isn't working.

VGAglory
Level 8
Just had to refund Gears 5, as I was unable to launch it due to this problem. For whatever reason the AntiCheat software hates the ASUS lighting control software. Had the same problem with the Halo Collection, however I was unable to get around the issue as this title allows you to at least play the campaigns with the anticheat software disabled. The only thing this software seems good for is cheating me out of playing games I would dearly love to play. Ridiculous. Yeah I get it, I could keep disabling the service to play the game, but I honestly dont think I should have to!