cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Fan Xpert or Asus AI Suite

NickT
Level 9
I have the Asus Crosshair V Formula board and would like to be able to control the fans via Windows 10 64-bit. Where do you find the latest version of that software?

I go to the downloads section on the official Asus site and it doesn't list either of those software under the downloads for my motherboard.
6 REPLIES 6

mdzcpa
Level 12
NickT wrote:
I have the Asus Crosshair V Formula board and would like to be able to control the fans via Windows 10 64-bit. Where do you find the latest version of that software?

I go to the downloads section on the official Asus site and it doesn't list either of those software under the downloads for my motherboard.

Fan Expert is all you need. Fan Expert is included in the AI Suite.

mdzcpa wrote:
Fan Expert is all you need. Fan Expert is included in the AI Suite.

Ok, appreciate the reply! Do you have a download link for the software?

mdzcpa
Level 12
You have a pretty old motherboard there. You will need to look around. It appears you may need to load AI Suite.

Another alternative is to control the fans in your BIOS through Q Fan. I find it works better than the software on older mobos.

NickT
Level 9
I'll check around. Thanks!

damaged
Level 7
NickT wrote:

You can look into SpeedFan, a bit of a learning curve and you'll have to disable q-fan in the bios, but it's lightweight and stomps all over fan expert.

NickT
Level 9
I'm liking Q-fan. I've got the 9590 Fx in the PC. The price was cheap and its literally the final upgrade that I can do on this old board. I've got the Cooler Master Liquid Master 240 RGB and its enabled me to run the processor just fine. I really Dislike Speed Fan, maybe for its learning Curve and the fact that it doesnt seem to recognize have my fans?! Its out dated too, last update was almost 2 years ago.