cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest AISuite / FanXpert for ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

enchanter
Level 9
Hi all!

I'm new to the ROG forums, though I took part in the vip.asus.com forums at various times over the course of multiple motherboard builds over the years.

I have a ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha (not the earlier VIII Hero). I've been trying to find the latest version of AISuite for this particular board. I'm able to find the latest versions of the various drivers and things like the BIOS, but not AISuite. All I really want from the entire bundle is FanXpert, I don't plan on using much of the other stuff.

Searching https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO-ALPHA/HelpDesk_Download/ I see an AI Suite 3 install, but it is not a full install, it only includes DIP5. The only other link in the "Utilities" section there for AISuite is for the 1.0.30 version from 2016.

I'm doing this because I'm probably going to be forced to re-install (fresh install) Windows 10, since my current Windows 10 install absolutely refuses to apply the April 2018 creator's update. The SetupDiag tool from Microsoft, that diagnoses install and update failures, actually complained about a few of the components that were installed with my previous 1.0.30 AISuite install. I've removed everything I can from that install (including the old FanXpert, which is the one component I depended upon) but still no luck.

Anyone with knowledge of the Hero VIII Alpha that can point me to how to get the latest FanXpert for this board?

Thanks!

Tim
5 REPLIES 5

RaffieKol
Level 10
I went to the link in your thread
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO-ALPHA/HelpDesk_Download/

Picked "Windows 64 Version" and the link is the second one under Utilities
"if you are on Windows 10 32bit" not sure if it works for it?

This is the actually download link: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/AI_Suite_III_3.00.13_DIP5_1.05.13.zip?_ga=2.207476566.45...

Hi RaffieKol!

I appreciate you checking out the downloads area and following up here.

Unfortunately, as I mentioned in my original post, the zip file you found is not a full AISuite bundle. All it actually includes is DIP5.

What I'm looking for is a full AISuite bundle, or at least one that includes the latest version of FanXpert.

The only AISuite zip file that includes all the other components is the one I mentioned that's from 2016, and is versioned 1.0.30. Unless ASUS jumped their version numbering for AISuite from 1.0.30 all the way to 3.00.13 and hasn't done any other full release of all the components, it seems like there should be some zip files available that have components like FanXpert that are more up to date than the one from 2016.

Hopefully what I'm saying makes sense.

Thanks again,

Tim

Amsterdam
Level 9
Tim,

Don’t take this rog forum and the Asus software serious. Reporting software problems for years will not had ANY effect on solving problems. Even the latest version of the AI Suite is just a clone of the older version. Sometimes with a little differences made by a first year developer student.
My advice, move on. Go MSI or whatever you like.

Hey Amsterdam!

I'm probably 6-8 months away from doing a new hardware build, depending on release cycle for Intel chips, but when I do my next build, I'm going to spend more time looking at the various forums for different motherboard manufacturers. How well the motherboard manufacturer supports it with software updates will definitely be something that's a larger factor in my decision process .

Thanks for your post,

Tim

enchanter
Level 9
I now have a resolution for this issue, and it's not what I was expecting.

It turns out that the (confusingly-named, IMHO) "Dual Intelligent Processors" package has subsumed multiple components that used to be separate, including Fan Xpert 3. I was looking for an AISuite in the 3.x series that listed Fan Xpert, but it doesn't appear that even exists any more. Now, if you want Fan Xpert, apparently you have to install "DIP5" and get a bunch of other stuff too. At least that seems to be the case for the motherboard I was asking about.

The Asus download page really could have made this a lot more obvious, but hopefully this saves someone else some time and trouble.

Tim