cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with my brand new build (Most of it ROG)

Lededje
Level 7
I've just built a fresh new machine with the following items and am unable to get the utilities installed for the motherboard.

Build list:

Motherboard: ROG Maximus X Hero
BIOS version: 0802 (downloaded and patched a moment ago)
Processor: Intel i7 8700k
Memory kit: Corsair Vengeance RGB (16 x 4)
Graphics card: ROG GTX 1080 TI
Mouse: Razer Naga
Keyboard: WASD 2 66 keyboard
Cooling solution: Corsair H80i v2
Aura version: 1.05.27

I can only get Aura to show the graphics card, nothing else.

I downloaded the utilities for my mother board and the installed (either the asus installer or plain installer) don't run. They run something which looks like a command prompt which then closes very quickly to be replaced with nothing.

I'd really appreciate some help on this one ;_;
2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
Forget AURA for now, its buggy as hell and a lot of people cant run it, Im one of them
As for drivers
Did you get a CD or USB stick with your MOBO? IIf it came on a USB its usually mounted as a CD so when you plug it in you see a CD drive and nothing on the USB (hidden partition). Should be able to launch it by double clicking on the drive then select which drivers you need from the list.

If not then download and always start with chipset driver install first.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks for the pointers JustinThyme, I've formatted again and installed the chipsets as you suggested. I'm trying to get some ui to monitor temperatures on my mobo, I thought the utilities would give me that but I'm having issues just installing it. I run the installer and it adds some stuff to my program files but doesn't do anything else.

Do you have any suggestions?

JustinThyme wrote:
Forget AURA for now, its buggy as hell and a lot of people cant run it, Im one of them
As for drivers
Did you get a CD or USB stick with your MOBO? IIf it came on a USB its usually mounted as a CD so when you plug it in you see a CD drive and nothing on the USB (hidden partition). Should be able to launch it by double clicking on the drive then select which drivers you need from the list.

If not then download and always start with chipset driver install first.