cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is GPU Tweak II necessary?

WowMags
Level 7
I have a ROG STRIX 1080. *Do I need this software to OC the card? *I had to reinstall Windows 10 due to the IOMAP64.sys crashes. *The only instance of that file I had was in the GPU Tweak II installation , so I’m naturally spooked about using it again.*
4 REPLIES 4

JustinThyme
Level 13
To get the full potential its either GPU tweak or alteratively some have had as good or better results using the MSI equivalent, Afterburner.
Whats the rest of your specs?
What OS and what version?

The only time Ive had issues with the IOMAP64.sys was with AI Suite which its no secret that I despise that software. Im running the GPU Tweak II on a pair of 1080 Ti OC with Win 10 FC without any issues. Did you install it and update or reinstall at all? One thing I will say is if so this is your problem. Very finicky software in that aspect. If you uninstall it leaves orphans behind, IOMAP64.sys is one of them. To do it effectively you should uninstall, find the program folder that was left behind, delete it then download and run Ccleaner registry sweep to get rid of the registry orphans then reboot and reinstall.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
To get the full potential its either GPU tweak or alteratively some have had as good or better results using the MSI equivalent, Afterburner.
Whats the rest of your specs?
What OS and what version?

The only time Ive had issues with the IOMAP64.sys was with AI Suite which its no secret that I despise that software. Im running the GPU Tweak II on a pair of 1080 Ti OC with Win 10 FC without any issues. Did you install it and update or reinstall at all? One thing I will say is if so this is your problem. Very finicky software in that aspect. If you uninstall it leaves orphans behind, IOMAP64.sys is one of them. To do it effectively you should uninstall, find the program folder that was left behind, delete it then download and run Ccleaner registry sweep to get rid of the registry orphans then reboot and reinstall.

Hey thanks:

-Windows10 Pro
-Z87 Sabertooth
-16 RAM
-ASUS GTX Strix 1080

Ya know what? *I had AI Suite on my previous OS but removed it due to scary, buggy behavior and just got a hardware fan controller. *So it came back to haunt me? *Yikes.*

I’ll make a restore point, Insatl GPU Tweak, and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply. *

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Make sure you install the latest revision of GPU Tweak.

Are you running a freshly installed OS?

Yep. *Fresh Windows 10, latest GPU Tweak. *No more crashes from that nightmare program known as AI Suite III.

Yeesh, ASUS, maybe pay another developer to fix your program. I’ll never install that mess again.*