cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ASUS Armoury Crate Replacing ASUS AURA?

katlani
Level 9
Hi all,

This just landed on my PRIME Z370-A motherboard support page:

Utilities

2019/10/30 2.38 MBytes
Armoury Crate Installer
Note: Please uninstall your existing AURA software before installing Armoury Crate.

*The most recent versions of the Aura software can still be downloaded from the aura sync website: https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/global/download.html

It seems rather small to actually be replacing anything, though does it mean AURA support is gone for good, if its supposed to be migrated into Armoury Crate?

Thanks in advance.
19 REPLIES 19

srsbsns wrote:
I noticed there is a bug where if you dont configure RGB then it will use more CPU on Idle. Go into the menu and pick a color and you will see the CPU usage drop to nothing.

If I pick a single static color for everything, this is also the case for me. If I want to pick a different static color for say. my LED strip, I have to use creator to do this. So I create a layer for my strip and select static white, and a layer for everything else for which I select static red. This chews up 17% of my CPU whereas same thing in Aura used 0%.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

Hopper64
Level 15
Is the rootkit installer on a fresh windows installation the same as the download for the motherboard? When I recently reinstalled windows a pop up came up about installing crate. Didn’t think the download was necessary. Thanks.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

1mluer
Level 11
If you use the standard out of the box color cycle where you have no choice but color cycle it also does this. If you select something that controls individual lighting it makes the cpu utilization jump consistently higher.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

katlani
Level 9
To me this seems parallel to having Corsair iCUE instead of Corsair Link, when all you have is just an AIO liquid cooler.. u dont need iCUE to control it, as Link is enough (same with AURA, in case all u have is an ASUS motherboard and GFX, and perhaps even RAM).

Getting about 20 - 25 % CPU usage on an i5-9600K all the time with a simple breathing or rainbow aura, static is around 7% this is just awful and my motherboard and gfx are never in sync.

I have Z390 and 2070S-A8G bios 1302

mdzcpa
Level 12
The armory crate idea is ok (if you accept root kit stuff), but the execution has been horrendous. Oddly enough I have all my stuff working using old programs. I have the M11 Hero, Ryujin 360, Gskill memory and phanteks case all synced. I do run static colors though due to ridiculous cpu usage with anything else. I use AI Suite III 3.00.28, Live Dash 1.04.01 and Lighting Control 1.07.35. Been this way for 6 months. Everything functions.....somehow. I just don't update. Not broke....don't fix. Though I realize it's hosed for 99% of users it seems 😞 Thought I'd share my apps if it helps anyone.

bigtop1967
Level 9
Is it replacing AISuite?

AISuite still does not support Ryzen 3000 CPUs properly - some voltages and controls are missing.

Tried Armoury Crate as it's now listed in my CH7 Utilities. Only works for Aura, which I don't use. No fan controls, no voltages, nothing. Just having it running causes CPU usage to be anywhere between 1-7% while doing nothing. Uninstalled.

Please update AISuite 3! (or 4?)

This is very unsatisfactory for Ryzen 3000 users.
About me: I am dyslexic and DO occasionally miss things!

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary, and those that don't.
F people in 10 don't understand hexadecimal

bigtop1967 wrote:
Is it replacing AISuite?

AISuite still does not support Ryzen 3000 CPUs properly - some voltages and controls are missing.

Tried Armoury Crate as it's now listed in my CH7 Utilities. Only works for Aura, which I don't use. No fan controls, no voltages, nothing. Just having it running causes CPU usage to be anywhere between 1-7% while doing nothing. Uninstalled.

Please update AISuite 3! (or 4?)

This is very unsatisfactory for Ryzen 3000 users.

Eventually some of the aisuite functions will go to the armory. when... no idea.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
Eventually some of the aisuite functions will go to the armory. when... no idea.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know then if development on AISuite is finished?
About me: I am dyslexic and DO occasionally miss things!

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary, and those that don't.
F people in 10 don't understand hexadecimal

bigtop1967 wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

Do you know then if development on AISuite is finished?

No idea on that part. If there is a ai suite integration on PC to ArmoryCrate. that will way later.

Regarding the app itself i do not use it. I try my bios, at least for me. What i do want ... is to control fans on the app. that i am pushing without killing the use of processes
Learn, Play Enjoy!