cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important Question concerning downgrading from WIndows 8 to 7

Yiminy_Cricket
Level 7
Hello, I'm YIminy Cricket, and well, I'm obviously new here. Anyway formalities aside, I have a few questions (that I'm sure you've all heard before but please bear with me).

Okay, so I got a new Asus G-Series laptop and such, and it came preloaded with Windows 8. I'm planning on downgrading it to Windows 7 Professional Edition as soon as the disc gets here. Now the question is is this a good idea? I've been told that Asus usually has the software fine-tuned for optimal performance and downgrading would possibly affect my computer's performance. Is this true? Should I stick to Windows 8 or go through with the "downgrade"?

Thank you in advance.
13 REPLIES 13

and in win8 u will have the dx12 very soon

pedroxd
Level 7
win 8 is better but this question should be issued to some microsoft support forum

Tokens210
Level 10
New versions of direct x are GPU based, will work on any windows platform and GPUs from I believe the gtx 500 series forward I believe
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

Yiminy_Cricket
Level 7
hm... i see... thank you guys. i have some more thinking to do then...

but thank you all anyway. and as for what i wanted? i guess both confirmation and information. but yeah again, i'll go over what you guys said and think about it. thanks guys