cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero VIII Alpha Supreme FX/Sonic Studio ii issues.

SinisterDev85
Level 11
I recently finished my Hero Alpha build. Having some issues with sound. I decided to go with Win 10 on this build. Still getting used to the new OS.
So here's what's up. Im having surround sound issues. On my last build (Win 7) I was getting surround sound through the HDMI connected to my Graphics card. However, that doesnt seem to be working properly on this rig. I have a Samsung 4k tv and Samsung Home Theater system that i use for gaming/media on my PC. An example of SS not working is in Diablo 3. D3 has a variety of sound options. You can change inputs, quality, and even set the audio source i.e stereo, 5.1, 7.1, Pro Logic, etc. When set to 5.1, i used to get proper surround on my Hero VI Z87 build, but not on this Z170.

I was kinda disappointed that i couldnt take advantage of the Supreme FX or Sonic studio features, so I connected my Home Theater to the Mobo and VIOLA, beautiful 5.1 in games so far. However, my HT is stupid and apparently cannot have both an HDMI and Optical connected to it at once and be able to differentiate between which input is being used. So now i get great SS when on the pc, but only if i manually disconnect the HDMI connected to my TV. Which is really annoying, because every time i want to switch back to watching Television , i need to reach behind the unit and plug the HDMI back in. The optical simply wont work while the HDMI is connected (GRRR!)

Ive installed all the most recent updates from Asus, and now the Optical input finally shows up in the SupremeFX software ( It wasnt originally). However, no matter whether Im connected via Optical to mobo , or HDMI to Graphics card, Sonic Studio 2 will not work.
It just gives me " Sonic Studio does not support the current default audio device..." error .

Any ideas why Sonic Studio wont work? Any ideas why i cannot seem to get 5.1 SS Via HDMI in games and programs that have Dolby encoding? In other forums, many people told me not to bother with optical, because it only carries 2ch audio and 7ch HDMI is superior. I always disliked the complete lack of audio control software when using the Graphics card for audio, but i didnt care as much because 5.1 at least worked and sounded good. But it doesnt seem to want to work the same way in WIN 10.
ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | i9 14900ks | | G. Skill Trident Z5 8000 | 2x WD SN850x 4gb | Asus Strix RTX 4080 OC| Asus ROG Thor 1200w | Windows 11 Pro
2 REPLIES 2

George348
Level 7
SinisterDev85 wrote:
I recently finished my Hero Alpha build. Having some issues with sound. I decided to go with Win 10 on this build. Still getting used to the new OS.
So here's what's up. Im having surround sound issues. On my last build (Win 7) I was getting surround sound through the HDMI connected to my Graphics card. However, that doesnt seem to be working properly on this rig. I have a Samsung 4k tv and Samsung Home Theater system that i use for gaming/media on my PC. An example of SS not working is in Diablo 3. D3 has a variety of sound options. You can change inputs, quality, and even set the audio source i.e stereo, 5.1, 7.1, Pro Logic, etc. When set to 5.1, i used to get proper surround on my Hero VI Z87 build, but not on this Z170.

I was kinda disappointed that i couldnt take advantage of the Supreme FX or Sonic studio features, so I connected my Home Theater to the Mobo and VIOLA, beautiful 5.1 in games so far. However, my HT is stupid and apparently cannot have both an HDMI and Optical connected to it at once and be able to differentiate between which input is being used. So now i get great SS when on the pc, but only if i manually disconnect the HDMI connected to my TV. Which is really annoying, because every time i want to switch back to watching Television , i need to reach behind the unit and plug the HDMI back in. The optical simply wont work while the HDMI is connected (GRRR!)

Ive installed all the most recent updates from Asus, and now the Optical input finally shows up in the SupremeFX software ( It wasnt originally). However, no matter whether Im connected via Optical to mobo , or HDMI to Graphics card, Sonic Studio 2 will not work.
It just gives me " Sonic Studio does not support the current default audio device..." error .

Any ideas why Sonic Studio wont work? Any ideas why i cannot seem to get 5.1 SS Via HDMI in games and programs that have Dolby encoding? In other forums, many people told me not to bother with optical, because it only carries 2ch audio and 7ch HDMI is superior. I always disliked the complete lack of audio control software when using the Graphics card for audio, but i didnt care as much because 5.1 at least worked and sounded good. But it doesnt seem to want to work the same way in WIN 10.

The asus company does not repair the problem many users ROG SupremeFX has this fails with virtual surround sound 5.1-7.1 five months ago bought my asus motherboard rangers I have installed the latest bios.
Asus does not know how to help solve the fault ... I'm using Windows 10 64-bit.
when using THX sound blaster on my motherboard AM3 + 5.1-7.1 worked well the (ROG supremfx not work).
:mad:

SinisterDev85
Level 11
I've been doing more research on this annoying issue. I've come across several forums discussing this problem. Apparently many people had this issue develop when they upgraded to Win 10. Supposedly Microsoft admitted that its a windows 10 issue. They claim that they're working on fixing it, but they've been saying that for over 6 months now!

I don't think the problem is with supreme FX. At least not the problem with surround sound not working, because my surrounded isnt working via hdmi connected to my graphics card, but it is working when i connect a toslink cable directly to my motherboard!
As for the Sonic Studio ii not recognizing my device... I still don't know what's causing that error.
ASUS ROG Z790 Apex Encore | i9 14900ks | | G. Skill Trident Z5 8000 | 2x WD SN850x 4gb | Asus Strix RTX 4080 OC| Asus ROG Thor 1200w | Windows 11 Pro