cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX Strix 1080 Cards Broke CompletePWM Fan Control in AISuite III

lopezoa
Level 7
After installing my 2 Asus GTX 1080 Strix cards, I lost full functionality of AISuite III. Even after being sent a release candidate for AISUite (by an Asus-OP) which fixes "Vender.DLL" issues, choosing fans and getting the correct RPM readings on their headers simply do not work (except for the CPU fan headers).
I have tried uninstalling, using the AIsuite cleaner in safe mode, reinstalling, running the "fan tuning" option, resetting the CMOS, Qfan tuning in Bios, reinstalling Bios and all to no avail.
This is really aggravating, specially after spending well over $1400 on two Asus GTX 1080 Strix cards. There has to be someone here with the expertise to assist in resolving this issue since this is the result of having the Strix cards install in my computer rig. All my PWM fans showed up fine in AISuite III before and I was able to select the fan location. In fact, if I uninstall the AISuite II release candidate and install the current version for my motherboard, I get all my fan functionality back but I go back to contextual menu (left click) errors or "blank menus" slow downs and the "vender.dll" error. PLEASE HELP!

I am at a complete loss here and would appreciate any and all expertise from either official Asus reps, moderators and other folks in general. I cant be the only one experiencing this issue!

My Specs:
Asus Z97 Formula VII Motherboard
4790K processor
32GB Patriot Viper RAM at 2133hz
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Asus GTX 1080 Strix in SLI Configuration
Latest GPUTweakII Installed (version 1.3.6.0)
AISuite III Release Candidate (version 1.01.50)
8 REPLIES 8

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Contact your source for the unreleased version of AI Suite you are using for help with this issue.

Praz wrote:
Hello

Contact your source for the unreleased version of AI Suite you are using for help with this issue.

I have done so numerous times over the past couple of days and absolutely no answer from official ASUS-OPs 😞

lopezoa
Level 7
Another user here also stated:
"The "vender.dll" error is gone but now all fans are not ok. Many fan settings (Fan Xpert) can not be edited like fan positions and just smart mode can be selected and fans are not setting max and min fan speed.
The FanCalibrationData.xml gets no new data from Fan Xpert just cpu data gets updated. Hope it can be fixed will wait for a better rc version hope soon out."

I cant believe that ASUS reps are not looking into it, particularly for Z97 ROG MB owners. Come on Asus, step up your game and resolve this issue!

I am sure many folks have the same issue. I tried another version of the software and ran into the same problem. I may try running the 32 bit version on a 64 bit system and see if that resolves the issue. The fans are getting noisy.

AndrewJ wrote:
I am sure many folks have the same issue. I tried another version of the software and ran into the same problem. I may try running the 32 bit version on a 64 bit system and see if that resolves the issue. The fans are getting noisy.

Please, do let us know if you reach a solution and get FanXpert working again. I have LITERALLY tried everything....EVERYTHING TO NO AVAIL.

Happy I got my dual Asus GTX 1080 Strix setup but mad I lost all control of FanXpert in AISuite III to the point where any of my PWM fans do not register their RPMs or I'm unable to select a location in the chassis for them. CPU header still works at least!

cekeu
Level 12
I think that we must separate from AI Suite 3 and handle everything in the BIOS and use GpuTweak2 for graphics cards.

cekeu wrote:
I think that we must separate from AI Suite 3 and handle everything in the BIOS and use GpuTweak2 for graphics cards.

While that may be a solution, we want options that work with our current systems. If people Like AISuite better that handling fan control in Bios, we should have that option as before and fully working!

I had the same problem but am now only using aisuit3 for the overclock and as a workaround I am using Corsair Link to control my fans and now have a custom profile I am happy with.