cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPUTweakII Version 1.5.9.1 [Report all issues in this thread]

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
A new version of GPUTweakII Version 1.5.9.1

Fix bug: User account setting message shows every time when Windows start. (Win 10 RS3)

TESTING..........

Report any anomalies and issues here. Also please also write downs the good news.

Please check your GPU HelpDesk Download website to get the correct one. (just in case)
Learn, Play Enjoy!
69 REPLIES 69

asuscpufanserviceex.exe has stop working

Same issues after the latest Windows 10 update

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
give time guys.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

-_MrG_-
Level 7
After MS patch KB4056892 (OS Build 16299.192) the GPU fan service fails to load. At this moment the solution which was working for me is to uninstall GPUTweak II and use MSI Afterburner. Hope it'll be solved in next build.

Same issue here

kompura
Level 7
I've used the old removal tool found e.g. from here: https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/...Desk_Download/
From utilities section, version1.0.0.9
At least it didn't break anything but I'm not sure if it removes everything though.

tamasd
Level 8
I use GPU Tweak 2 to run a fan (front intake in front of the GPU) from the fan header on my Strix card (this was the main selling point why I chose Strix over other cards). Now that fan doesn't work, and if I put load on the graphics card it slowly overheats, because there isn't enough airflow without the front fan. And it won't be saved by the motherboard like my CPU when AISuite3 decided to lock my fans (both CPU and case) at minimum RPM (I don't use AISuite3 since then, the curves are set up in the UEFI).

This situation puts me into a very uncomfortable situation with two very bad workarounds:

* uninstall a security update
* risk frying my GPU

I really like ASUS hardware, but these software bugs are unacceptable, because they might lead to hardware damage.

I seem to have found a solution, or at least it's working for now...

I uninstalled all ASUS software (AI 3 Suite since it's useless of late) and GPU Tweaks II, I ran CCleaner. I did have a lot of broken ASUS Application paths.

I reinstalled only GPU Tweaks II; same error. Then I uninstalled the Windows 10 update -- 2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4056890). Rebooted and of course Windows automatically reinstalls it on reboot (or it's telling me it's installed as of 1/6/2018, but I haven't gotten the error and am now able to change the fan settings in GPU Tweaks II without issue.

Maybe this will help others until it's patched.

Canuck Gooner wrote:
I seem to have found a solution, or at least it's working for now...

I uninstalled all ASUS software (AI 3 Suite since it's useless of late) and GPU Tweaks II, I ran CCleaner. I did have a lot of broken ASUS Application paths.

I reinstalled only GPU Tweaks II; same error. Then I uninstalled the Windows 10 update -- 2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4056890). Rebooted and of course Windows automatically reinstalls it on reboot (or it's telling me it's installed as of 1/6/2018, but I haven't gotten the error and am now able to change the fan settings in GPU Tweaks II without issue.

Maybe this will help others until it's patched.

Thank you for posting this. Before I take the plunge and try anything, what version of GPU Tweak did you use in the steps above? All the same version? Started with older version, but installed the latest flavor on 2nd try?

I do not run Ai-Suite 3 at all, it is a buggy piece of garbage... However I have the fan EXE error after the patch. I rolled back to a checkpoint and was hoping more info on fixing JUST GPU Tweak II would come to light as I have zero interest in installing AI3.

I have been using v1.5.3.5 on Windows 10 x64 with a RVE x99 (v1.0) and ASUS STRIX GTX1070 OC video card. It has been rock solid for me so I hate the thought of rocking the boat, but I also want the MS update address this lovely security vulnerability.

Wondering if I should remove GPU Tweak II first, run CCleaner on reg, reboot, CCleaner on reg again, reboot (if it cleaned anything), install update from MS, reboot, install GPU Tweak v1.5.9.1 (latest flavor)...

Welcome any input on that idea... This was the only post that I've found thus far where AI3 isn't used, just GPU Tweak ii.

Cheers,
KJ.

KingJerky wrote:
Thank you for posting this. Before I take the plunge and try anything, what version of GPU Tweak did you use in the steps above? All the same version? Started with older version, but installed the latest flavor on 2nd try?

I do not run Ai-Suite 3 at all, it is a buggy piece of garbage... However I have the fan EXE error after the patch. I rolled back to a checkpoint and was hoping more info on fixing JUST GPU Tweak II would come to light as I have zero interest in installing AI3.

I have been using v1.5.3.5 on Windows 10 x64 with a RVE x99 (v1.0) and ASUS STRIX GTX1070 OC video card. It has been rock solid for me so I hate the thought of rocking the boat, but I also want the MS update address this lovely security vulnerability.

Wondering if I should remove GPU Tweak II first, run CCleaner on reg, reboot, CCleaner on reg again, reboot (if it cleaned anything), install update from MS, reboot, install GPU Tweak v1.5.9.1 (latest flavor)...

Welcome any input on that idea... This was the only post that I've found thus far where AI3 isn't used, just GPU Tweak ii.

Cheers,
KJ.

So like you, AI3 isn't necessary. It's redundant for me too.

I'm running GPUTweakII V1.5.9.1 so the same as you. I did uninstall all ASUS software first (AI3 and GPUTII) and then ran CCleaner to ensure any old paths in the registry were deleted.

Restarted.

Uninstalled KB4056890 (mine seems to be numbered differently than the KB4056892 that everyone else mentioned, not sure why. )

EDIT: Figured out KB4056890 is the most recent cumulative security patch for Version 1607 "Anniversary Update" for Windows 10, and KB4056892 is the corresponding update for version 1709 "Fall Creator Update." Eitherway, whatever was addressed for both build versions of Window 10, the result has been the same.

Restarted.

Then installed GP 1.5.9.1, restarted and no error.

I'm no particularly worried about being without the security patch until a fix is issued, hell, even acknowledged but either ASUS or Microsoft. I'd rather have a fan running to ensure my hardware doesn't fail than worry about a random security breach in a short term.

The bigger pain in the arse has been getting Windows 10 Home from reapplying the damned patch.

Doing both steps here for the Home edition in services and regedit has done the trick for now.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Been running several days with no issues then today on start up GPU fan service fails at start up. Dont really care about the fan service because I have no fans, Liquid cooled, bit it is annoying. Going to try to uninstall, clean registry then reinstall.

Nope
Didnt work, even rolling back to last version didnt work. Only recents apps added are Adobe Master collection CS6 and Adobe Lightroom CS6 (dont do the CC cloud crap. Payed throug the nose once, dont need to pay through the nose every year.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein