cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak What Works For Me

Gnarly
Level 7
I have not read most of these threads so I am assuming some of you guys might have figured a good config. that works for you.

The version bundled with my cards was not the most recent so I went to the ASUS site and downloaded the most recent version. 2.0.5.3

I set my fans to 80% (quite loud) , I max out the GPU voltage (1250) as well as the GPU clock (1125), I basically max out the memory clock to around 6250, the memory voltage i keep lower around 1625.

Granted this is pushing it, and I don't do it all the time, I get phenomenal results. I also have my CPU overclocked as well, however, I keep the ram speed real low so it doesn't tax the CPU. I have an X79 Rampage IV.

My two cents
Rampage IV
Intel 3960 @ 5.1 24/7
32gb G Skill Ripjawas @2400 MHZ (F3-17000CL11Q2-64GBZLD)
Asus HD 7970's x3 (Swiftech Kimodo Water Blocks)
Cosmos II (10 LED Fans w-built in fan controller)
Corsair AX 1200 PSU
Cusrom Water; Chipset/CPU/Cards/ETC
All Votex PWM Fans (German Engineered); Best I have ever used
4 REPLIES 4

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cheers thanks for sharing.

In my rig I am running three cards aircooled at stock. There is no need to overclock them any at all right now. Once I get water on them then I will push some. Basically the performance is so good as it is there is no need to overclock
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Area_66
Level 11
OC a GPU is something I don't like too much. Games as enough bug that I don't want to create more problem with GPU stability. Of course if you benchmark...

Chris_Manico
Level 10
I recently messed around with ocing my 580, mind you I only went as far as i could go on stock voltages, and with some more tweaking i could probably get more out of it. ( lol not easy trying to tweak with a 3 and 5 year old running around) But yeah as for OCing the GPU, i only really noticed a difference while wunning 3d mark, didnt really notice it while gaming.
Corsair Carbide 540 Air ~ AMD FX 8350 ~ Asus Crosshair V Formula Z ~ 1901 BIOS ~ Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400 MHz 2x8 Gb CMD16X3M2A2400C10 ~ EVGA GTX 1080 Ti ~ Corsair AX860i PSU ~ Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb SATA 3 SSD ~ WD 4 TB 7200 RPM 64 MB ( RMA'd ) ~ Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum ~ Corsair SP2500 2.1 Gaming Speakers ~ 27 Samsung SA550 HD LED Monitor ~

Gnarly
Level 7
I agree, now, that is unnecessary to really OC my cards. I really do see a large drop in FPS not doing it. However keeping them at stock seems to be just fine and does not affect my gameplay or stability.

The interesting thing was trying trying to overclock all three cards and keep everything stable. I tried and it was futile. I was getting tremendous speed, FPS etc... Just OC'ing the first card. All three and the performance sucked.
Rampage IV
Intel 3960 @ 5.1 24/7
32gb G Skill Ripjawas @2400 MHZ (F3-17000CL11Q2-64GBZLD)
Asus HD 7970's x3 (Swiftech Kimodo Water Blocks)
Cosmos II (10 LED Fans w-built in fan controller)
Corsair AX 1200 PSU
Cusrom Water; Chipset/CPU/Cards/ETC
All Votex PWM Fans (German Engineered); Best I have ever used