cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak OC Scanner Failed

Faspro64
Level 7
Hello, I just installed the updated version of GPU Tweak II, and I tried to utilize the OC Scanner feature, but it failed as soon as it starts; on both my laptop and desktop. Can anyone help my out with this issue? Thanks in advance.
28 REPLIES 28

Hello, I have asus strix 1070ti and OC Scanner fails on 7%. Can you help me?

TL;DR Uninstalled AI Suite!

My attempts to run OC Scan were failing consistently after making it to 100%, which frustrated me to no end. After the fourth attempt, I remembered that at some point I had used AI Suite to overclock, but I'm fairly certain that I undid those changes and just used it for the fan control. Just in case there was conflict with the OC capability of the two programs, I uninstalled AI Suite completely. Rebooted, and without even performing a fresh install of GPU Tweak, the scan succeeded the next attempt! Of course, check your drivers, etc., but something like AI Suite or another program that is capable of overclocking(maybe fan control for the GPU, too?) could be conflicting!

Now to see if installing just the fan control portion of AI Suite messes with the next OC Scan attempt..

Clouseau
Level 7
Had an issue using GPUTweak II tool with my 1080. What cured the failing was rebooting the rig and then utilizing Afterburner. The first time utilizing the Afterburner OC Scanner it will fail just like ASUS' tool. Without exiting the OC Scanner window, click on scan again. Wait for it to finish. Reboot the rig and GPUTweak II OC Scanner will now work as intended.

Hi all! I'm having the same problem on my gtx 1070Ti - oc scanner fails everytime.

I can't attach my dxdiag - just get invaild file everytime I try?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Clouseau wrote:
Had an issue using GPUTweak II tool with my 1080. What cured the failing was rebooting the rig and then utilizing Afterburner. The first time utilizing the Afterburner OC Scanner it will fail just like ASUS' tool. Without exiting the OC Scanner window, click on scan again. Wait for it to finish. Reboot the rig and GPUTweak II OC Scanner will now work as intended.

Hi,

This is due to a bug in the most recent version of the scanning tool. Should be fixed in the next update.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Hi,

This is due to a bug in the most recent version of the scanning tool. Should be fixed in the next update.

Thanks a lot, 2060 problem fixed with the new release.

Clouseau
Level 7
If referring the DCH version of the driver, the ocscanner dost not work. The historically typical driver version has no issues on Win10 x64 Pro and 1080.

I just used OC scanner but shut it down because the temp was getting high but I didn't hear the fans speed up. It only got up to around 40% and I terminated the program. There is no cancel or stop button for some reason. But now I notice the GPU at idle is running at 1800MHz. Is that normal?

codemax73
Level 7

Unfortunately, I encountered the same problem. I don't know if it is related to the outdated driver. but I couldn't find a solution. I think I renewed my computer then. sohbet