cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak III

pharma
Level 9
For the past two years, we have been working closely with enthusiasts from all walks of the industry to define the next chapter in the GPU Tweak saga. That collective feedback has been carefully packaged into every layer of GPU Tweak III. At the forefront of the revamp, there’s a completely overhauled UI, automated profile loading for games and apps, and new ways to track vital metrics and stats. To bring GPU Tweak’s aging feature set and UI into the modern era, we felt we had to start from the ground up. This would allow us to create a more flexible foundation on which we could build up...


Latest Release: 2021-01-18
Known Issues:

The Nvidia GeForce Experience overlay and the GPU Tweak III OSD conflict with each other and can prevent games from running when both are enabled. It is recommended to only run either the GeForce Experience overlay or the GPU Tweak III OSD.

The CPU Usage field in the OSD may show incorrect values.

When multiple programs are in the same place, the layering of different GPU Tweak III windows (main screen, Monitor, Settings, and OC Scanner) may be inconsistent, so some elements may fall behind other programs while others are in front.

Frame Rate Limit requires any running games or programs to be restarted before taking effect. Currently this function only extends to 255 FPS.

OSD fonts in GPU Tweak III style only allow for Calibri and Calibri Bold adjustment. Full font adjustment will be added in a later release.

GPU-Z clock values do not update in real time. To update the clock values, close and reopen GPU-Z.

Mouse step size controls have not been implemented yet.

Not all hotkeys are completely implemented at the moment. Notably, the Timer is visible but not working.

Screenshots will always be saved to the default folder, not personally selected folders.

The Default display wallpaper is just a blank black background.

Wallpaper transparency has not been implemented yet.

Fahrenheit temperature settings only affect the Monitor, not the other parts of the interface.

Some interactions with the OSD may cause an error to appear referring to "mFinitialize Fail". This error does not affect operation.

Programs that have multiple different .exe files with the same names may not swap settings correctly and may use the wrong profiles. For now, set all related .exe files to the same settings for a smooth experience.

Game and application file names are not sorted properly in the Profile Connect window.

2021-01-18 Download and Bug reporting (url page bottom)
https://www.asus.com/campaign/GPU-Tweak-III/
727 Views
153 REPLIES 153

Chinoka wrote:
Hi, iTunes cause the entire OS to freeze on Windows 11 when using GPU-Tweak-III, this issue is gone when I close GPU-Tweak-III via Task Manager. This does not occur with GPU-Tweak-II.

Any thoughts?


I'm the only one that as this bug?? Nobody uses iTunes??

Chinoka wrote:
I'm the only one that as this bug?? Nobody uses iTunes??


I am using itunes and I don't have system freeze when gpu tweak 3 is active using itunes. however I disable the launch of gpu tweak 3 at system startup

cekeu wrote:
I am using itunes and I don't have system freeze when gpu tweak 3 is active using iTunes. however I disable the launch of gpu tweak 3 at system startup


I've it enabled at startup, when I switch from the main iTunes window to the mini player, Windows 11freezes until I kill Gpu Tweak III via Task Manager. Gpu tweak II has zero issues.

Chinoka wrote:
I've it enabled at startup, when I switch from the main iTunes window to the mini player, Windows 11freezes until I kill Gpu Tweak III via Task Manager. Gpu tweak II has zero issues.


I have tried playing in mini player with gpu tweak 3 running and I have no freezes.
Maybe you should uninstall gputweak 3, restart the system and reinstall gputweak 3 choosing clean install, then restart the system. Also I noticed that after installing gputweak 3 I have to restart the system 2 times for gputweak to be stable.
Don't forget to download the latest stable version of gpu tweak 3

eduardoabvii
Level 8
pharma wrote:
Latest Release: 2021-01-18
Known Issues:

The Nvidia GeForce Experience overlay and the GPU Tweak III OSD conflict with each other and can prevent games from running when both are enabled. It is recommended to only run either the GeForce Experience overlay or the GPU Tweak III OSD.

The CPU Usage field in the OSD may show incorrect values.

When multiple programs are in the same place, the layering of different GPU Tweak III windows (main screen, Monitor, Settings, and OC Scanner) may be inconsistent, so some elements may fall behind other programs while others are in front.

Frame Rate Limit requires any running games or programs to be restarted before taking effect. Currently this function only extends to 255 FPS.

OSD fonts in GPU Tweak III style only allow for Calibri and Calibri Bold adjustment. Full font adjustment will be added in a later release.

GPU-Z clock values do not update in real time. To update the clock values, close and reopen GPU-Z.

Mouse step size controls have not been implemented yet.

Not all hotkeys are completely implemented at the moment. Notably, the Timer is visible but not working.

Screenshots will always be saved to the default folder, not personally selected folders.

The Default display wallpaper is just a blank black background.

Wallpaper transparency has not been implemented yet.

Fahrenheit temperature settings only affect the Monitor, not the other parts of the interface.

Some interactions with the OSD may cause an error to appear referring to "mFinitialize Fail". This error does not affect operation.

Programs that have multiple different .exe files with the same names may not swap settings correctly and may use the wrong profiles. For now, set all related .exe files to the same settings for a smooth experience.

Game and application file names are not sorted properly in the Profile Connect window.

2021-01-18 Download and Bug reporting (url page bottom)
https://www.asus.com/campaign/GPU-Tweak-III/



my Armoury Crate Software not work good on my computer... the problem appear back to install GPU Tweak and Raid Expert utility from ASUS... my system = Windows 11 with Tuf Gaming B450 PLUS II with 16 GB Ram
I fixed it atm deactivating the startup process from GPU Tweak and Raid Expert... im thinking if maybe unninstall it.. cause i not use it a lot... and others softwares not worth good with this software running.

WhiteR_HUN
Level 9
Hi all!
Win 11 pro. Tweak III. 8700K 5Ghz/32GB RAM, Strix RTX 3070 OC Battlefield 2042 I can't see the stats. OSD. Gforce experience layer OFF. Afterburner OFF. GPU Tweak III ON! I don't see overlay !!! Pls help me!

Erwin05
Level 10
GPU-Tweak III version 1.5.4.9 is out.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GPUTweak%20II/HelpDesk_download/

1. Added support for NVIDIA® GeForce RTX® 4090.
2. Fixed bug: After saving changes to the OSD, the Save option does not disappear.
3. Fixed bug: Monitor export logs display a column with frame time values but labeling and units of measurement are missing.
4. Fixed bug: Selecting the default arrangement of items in the Dashboard may cause certain control elements to disappear, requiring the user to restart GPU Tweak III to restore full functionality.
5. Fixed bug: Some strings are not translated.
6. Fixed bug: Changing color themes in the Monitor section has no effect.
7. Improved: Memory leaks.
8. Fixed bug: Status of the Monitor line view cannot be saved.
9. Fixed bug: When a new profile is created, the profile name disappears and changes to "user mode".
10. Fixed bug: OSD and MODE will have an extra hyphen after the original name when renaming.
11. Fixed bug: An external fan data display issue in the OSD when using an NVIDIA® GeForce RTX® 3080 graphics card.
12. Fixed bug: The OSD is not visible in BattlefieldTM 2042.
13. Updated GPU-Z DLL file.
14. New function: GPU Tweak III can detect games obtained from Steam or the Epic Games Store when users download such a game to a custom location.
15. New function: Frame times are now displayed in the Monitor section.

katlani
Level 9
are there any news regarding the missing feature of disabling logging, as you can do in GPU Tweak II?

Currently, GPU Tweak III uses between 1% and 2% CPU on my system, when minimized. That's the highest of all my processes, when my computer is idle.

While 1-2% doesn't sound like much, that's actually 8-16% of one CPU core, on my 5800X 8 core cpu. So it's quite significant, and keeps my CPU warm and uses extra power for no good reason.

As a paranthesis, those 1-2% would have been more than enough to run the Apollo missions to the moon. A 5800X can do about 75k MIPS, so 1-2% of that would be around 1000 MIPS. The Apollo guidance computer had only 0.08 MIPS, but let's round that up to 0.1 MIPS. This means GPU Tweak III uses about 10,000 more CPU power than was need to fly to the moon. Continously. Not sure about you, but I find this unacceptable.

Anyway, increasing or reducing the monitoring interval doesn't seem to change anything. Closing the monitoring window or disabling OSD doesn't help either.

Because of this, I'm now considering not running this app anymore on my system. At least not all the time.

So, are there any advantages to keep this app running all the time? Would the GPU settings still remain the same after the app is closed? What about after a system shutdown or reboot, if I don't run the app on startup? Would the GPU settings from the last time the app ran still apply, or will the GPU revert to some defaults at boot time?

Better yet, ASUS, how about you fix this?

Erwin05
Level 10
I still see screen flikkering with my GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5 on windows 10 22H2 coming from GT3 v1.5.4.9 i did send feedback 4 months back.

Specs:
Asus GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5
Nvidia driver version 473.81
Windows 10 Home 22H2, Dutch
Intel i7-3770K @ 3.50GHz
Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe

Maybe Asus has to announce that not all video cards will work with GPU Tweak III instead of saying:

GPU Tweak III supports all Nvidia and AMD desktop graphics cards, including all ASUS models and those produced by other manufacturers. Most Nvidia and AMD mobile GPUs are supported in a limited capacity depending upon the laptop model. Integrated GPUs are not supported.

If Asus is saying all video cards, then u also have to come with a fix.