cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak III

pharma
Level 9
For the past two years, we have been working closely with enthusiasts from all walks of the industry to define the next chapter in the GPU Tweak saga. That collective feedback has been carefully packaged into every layer of GPU Tweak III. At the forefront of the revamp, there’s a completely overhauled UI, automated profile loading for games and apps, and new ways to track vital metrics and stats. To bring GPU Tweak’s aging feature set and UI into the modern era, we felt we had to start from the ground up. This would allow us to create a more flexible foundation on which we could build up...

Latest Release: 2021-01-18
Known Issues:

The Nvidia GeForce Experience overlay and the GPU Tweak III OSD conflict with each other and can prevent games from running when both are enabled. It is recommended to only run either the GeForce Experience overlay or the GPU Tweak III OSD.

The CPU Usage field in the OSD may show incorrect values.

When multiple programs are in the same place, the layering of different GPU Tweak III windows (main screen, Monitor, Settings, and OC Scanner) may be inconsistent, so some elements may fall behind other programs while others are in front.

Frame Rate Limit requires any running games or programs to be restarted before taking effect. Currently this function only extends to 255 FPS.

OSD fonts in GPU Tweak III style only allow for Calibri and Calibri Bold adjustment. Full font adjustment will be added in a later release.

GPU-Z clock values do not update in real time. To update the clock values, close and reopen GPU-Z.

Mouse step size controls have not been implemented yet.

Not all hotkeys are completely implemented at the moment. Notably, the Timer is visible but not working.

Screenshots will always be saved to the default folder, not personally selected folders.

The Default display wallpaper is just a blank black background.

Wallpaper transparency has not been implemented yet.

Fahrenheit temperature settings only affect the Monitor, not the other parts of the interface.

Some interactions with the OSD may cause an error to appear referring to "mFinitialize Fail". This error does not affect operation.

Programs that have multiple different .exe files with the same names may not swap settings correctly and may use the wrong profiles. For now, set all related .exe files to the same settings for a smooth experience.

Game and application file names are not sorted properly in the Profile Connect window.

2021-01-18 Download and Bug reporting (url page bottom)
https://www.asus.com/campaign/GPU-Tweak-III/
153 REPLIES 153

bass_junkie_xl
Level 11
can some one post the new gpu tweak 3 1.5.25 zip file to a server ? that has it ? please please i have trun gpu tweak 3 @ boot up to get my extensions fans running in sync owht my gpu fans 3090ti asus 240mm rad push pull then i close it out leave the 2 asus fan services running and then proceed to use msi ab for osd ect thhis new gpu tweak fixes some issue does any one have it and can upload it ?
Rig # 1 - 14900K SP-115 | 87 MC @ 6.0 GHZ | 5.1 R | 4.5 E | DDR5 48GB @ 8,400 c36 | Strix RTX 4090 | XG27AQN 1440P 27" 360 Hz G-Sync ULMB 2

Rig # 2 - 13900KS-SP-120 | 80 MC @ 5.8 GHZ | 5.0 R | 4.5 E | DDR4 32GB @ 4,300 c15 | Strix RTX 3080 | Aoc 1080P 25" 240 Hz G-Sync

Max2014
Level 7
Hi, it does still in Beta? I noticed some issues:
When Saving a Custom Profile, its Name Changes to "User Profile" each time reboot. *
On GPU Tweak II, i could open monitor as standalone app, I could Open and Close it whenever I want. however in this version if I do that and then close it, also GPU Tweak Closes, even when its running on background.
No Ext Fans Duty % On Monitor

EDIT: Well i created another profile for my undervolting (great addition and currently working). It keep its name, just my first user profile got its name reverted to "USER PROFILE"

Max2014 wrote:
Hi, it does still in Beta? I noticed some issues:
When Saving a Custom Profile, its Name Changes to "User Profile" each time reboot. *
On GPU Tweak II, i could open monitor as standalone app, I could Open and Close it whenever I want. however in this version if I do that and then close it, also GPU Tweak Closes, even when its running on background.
No Ext Fans Duty % On Monitor

EDIT: Well i created another profile for my undervolting (great addition and currently working). It keep its name, just my first user profile got its name reverted to "USER PROFILE"

I have the same issue with Profile name defaulting to "User Profile" after reboots. I will try creating a second profile with custom name and see it that works, as to keeping my custom profile name...

Is there any way to set a temperature target of lower than 75 degrees C in GPU TWEAK 3 ?

I have an Asus TUF FX516 laptop with and RTX3070. Tried many utilities as GPU TWEAK 3, MSI Afterburner and ZOTAC Firestorm, but failed to achieve that goal.
Tried even nvidia-smi.exe, same result. Not interested in tweaking Vbios/flashing etc...

SandShriner99999 wrote:
Is there any way to set a temperature target of lower than 75 degrees C in GPU TWEAK 3 ?

I have an Asus TUF FX516 laptop with and RTX3070. Tried many utilities as GPU TWEAK 3, MSI Afterburner and ZOTAC Firestorm, but failed to achieve that goal.
Tried even nvidia-smi.exe, same result. Not interested in tweaking Vbios/flashing etc...

I just opened GPU Tweak III latest version and can adjust the GPU Temp Target to 65 C (-19 On Slider)

Pluck wrote:
I just opened GPU Tweak III latest version and can adjust the GPU Temp Target to 65 C (-19 On Slider)

From my understanding, different GPUs have different temp target ranges in GPU TWEAK III, but I think that there must be a way to override those limits.
Still searching for a solution.

So i started with 1.5.0.0 nothing strange. now i have 1.5..3.1, maybe i never tryed before, but when im running full hd 120 hz, when i switch to default or oc or silent profile, something happen, i get a message from gputweak like not supported action, and it bring my resolution to 60 hz. stll full hd 10 bit, just switch to 60 hz from 120 that i usually use. when im on my own created profile, doesnt happen. Anyone know what does it mean?94804

Also when i switch to my custom profile, it switch my resolution back to 120hz. i just don't understand why it should do that.

Stiel83 wrote:
So i started with 1.5.0.0 nothing strange. now i have 1.5..3.1, maybe i never tryed before, but when im running full hd 120 hz, when i switch to default or oc or silent profile, something happen, i get a message from gputweak like not supported action, and it bring my resolution to 60 hz. stll full hd 10 bit, just switch to 60 hz from 120 that i usually use. when im on my own created profile, doesnt happen. Anyone know what does it mean?94804

Also when i switch to my custom profile, it switch my resolution back to 120hz. i just don't understand why it should do that.

Have you set FPS Target limit?

Max2014 wrote:
Have you set FPS Target limit?

Frame rate target you mean, yeah, but i tryed after without and was doing the same i think. you saying if i set the frame rate, it does that stuff?

Stiel83 wrote:

I too have this problem when setting the profile to OC or silent it causes my refresh rate to drop back down to 60hz this is on the XG27AQ monitor.

Anyone have a fix?