cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak II external fan control option missing

Nero666
Level 7
For the life of me I can't find the option to control fan on the Fan Connect II ports on my ROG Strix 2060S. I used version 2132 (now uninstalled). What's going on with this?

EDIT: The fan I'm trying to connect is a Corsair ML 140 (non-RGB variant). When the fan is connected to either Fan Connect headers the fan spins, fast. No way to control speed though. Ext. fan control is not in the list when I click the orb button thingy.
3 REPLIES 3

Al3xG
Level 9
Nero666 wrote:
For the life of me I can't find the option to control fan on the Fan Connect II ports on my ROG Strix 2060S. I used version 2132 (now uninstalled). What's going on with this?

You have to add it to the common list using round icon near oc scanner button

I tried, it is not present in that list either.

Allright!

I think I have fixed it. Least it appears to be working in user define fan curve section. I have there now Ex Fan option and auto calibration seemed to work.

What I did is this. I uninstalled all Asus software with Revo Uninstaller Pro and used advanced cleanup option, then made sure there was no Asus folder left in %AppData%, also manually deleting any leftovers in ProgramFiles etc. Then rebooted and installed GPU Tweak 2132 but no joy. So I then turned off the computer and flicked off the power switch on the power supply, waiting until the power-LEDs on the graphics card went off, turned the system back on and I quickly noticed that the Aura for Graphics Card app icon under Tools in GPU Tweak was no longer greyed out (I had also problems with Aura Sync) so I reinstalled Aura Sync and that worked again after the reboot along with external fancontrol in GPU Tweak. Or so it appears.

EDIT: I doublechecked and I still don't see the Ex Fan slider in the list under the sphere button menu... and the control is not fully working either... It starts spinning for a second and then cuts out for a little bit...