cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak II: Beta Testing Program

stewart_1
Level 8
Welcome to the ASUS GPU Tweak II Beta Testing Program, designed to harness the collective intelligence of our passionate ROG Forum membership. This program serves two purposes:

a) to allow ROG Forum members a chance to sample the latest beta build of GPU Tweak II and the new features that we’re gradually rolling out.

b) to give members the opportunity to contribute to the next iteration of GPU Tweak, providing vital feedback that can help us improve things as we move forward.

Help Create the Next GPU Tweak

GPU Tweak II, our graphics card overclocking and monitoring utility, has quietly been evolving and improving behind closed doors for some time. As well as general tweaks and enhancements we’re also working on some new features that we hope you will enjoy. As with any software development project, it’s crucial to get some feedback and input from the people who who use it most - the enthusiasts, gamers, and overclockers who frequent the threads of the ROG Forum.

Round 1 - Version 1.8.3.5: July 3rd to July 31st 2018

The GPU Tweak II Beta Testing Program will be divided into rounds, each lasting approximately one month, and involving a new version of GPU Tweak II. Round 1 centers on version 1.8.3.5 and will run from today (July 3rd) to July 31st.

Here is an overview of the changes that you can expect to encounter in version 1.8.3.5:

OSD (On-screen Display)
Our new OSD feature sits front and center in version 1.8.3.5. It allows a range of key data metrics to be displayed in real-time during gameplay. These include GPU-related data such as GPU load, frequency, and temperature - vital stats to reference when you want to optimize your hardware for the best gaming experience.

We’ve also expanded the OSD concept to include Memo, Photo, and Position features that allow you to add text and images to the screen, and to customize where they're displayed. Please be sure to head into the settings area to try these new features for yourself.

The OSD is compatible with dozens of popular games. A full list can be found here. If you encounter any compatibility issues, please be sure to bring it to our attention in the feedback report.

UI Improvements and Tooltips
Those of you who are familiar with GPU Tweak II will notice that we have tweaked the interface in order to optimize the user experience. We’ve also added some tooltips. Simply hover over an icon or button to find advice related to that particular feature.

Advice About Beta Testing

The Beta Testing Program gives you access to the latest beta build of the GPU Tweak II app. As with any beta-level release, there is a good chance you will encounter minor bugs and some inconsistent behavior. If you come across a bug, make a note of it and make sure to tell us about it in the Feedback Report (below), this is where we will collect the feedback from users. If it causes system instability, you can safely remove the app using the Cleaner.exe utility provided below.

Downloads

Below, you can find download links for a utility called Cleaner.exe that completely removes the app, two documents to help explain the correct install procedure, and an intro to help you use the OSD feature.

Current version
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GPUTweak%20II/HelpDesk_Download/

Cleaner.exe
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Graphic Card/Unique_Applications/GamerOSD/ASUS_GPUTweakII_RemoveTool_Version_1.0.1.1.zip

Install SOP.pdf
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/app/Remove-Tool-SOP.pdf

How to use the OSD.pdf
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/app/How-to-use.pdf

GPU Tweak II Beta Testing: Feedback Report

To make the data collection process as coherent as possible, beta testers are invited to take part in a survey so that you can share their thoughts and feedback with us.

https://goo.gl/forms/KR08digesgxa3l0D2

This thread will also act as a place to discuss the new features, however, the feedback report will offer our software development team a clearer picture of where we need to work to improve things. It should take not much more than ten mins or so of your time. Thanks in advance...
126 REPLIES 126

dru__
Level 7
Can someone point me to the beta of GPU-Tweak-III that was mentioned during the Metabuffs unveiling on September 1st?

dru__ wrote:
Can someone point me to the beta of GPU-Tweak-III that was mentioned during the Metabuffs unveiling on September 1st?

Im interesting also....
Who knows me, knows me ;)....AMD 3000+, AMD x2 4600+ EE, AMD X4 955 BE C2,2x AMD X4 965 BE C3, AMD X4 970 BE C3, AMD x4 975 BE, AMD x4 980 BE, AMD X6 1090T BE, AMD x6 1100T BE, 2x AMD FX-8120, 2x AMD FX-8150, FX-6300, FX-8300, FX-8320E, FX-8320, FX-8350, FX-8370, FX-8370E, FX-9370, FX-9590, AMD A8-3850, AMD A8-3870K, A8-5600K, A10-5800K, A10-6800K, A10-7850K, A10-7870K, A 5150, Athlon x4 860K, Intel i7-5960X, i7-6700K, Intel i7-4770K, Intel i7-980x, Intel i7 2600k, Intel i7-3770K, i7-3930K.

Erwin05
Level 10
My Asus GTX1070 is running in 3D clocks after clean install window 10 20H2.

Yesterday i did a clean install windows 10 v20H2 and i saw that GPU TweakII v2.2.4.1 has a higher GPU clock then normal, so i installed a older version 2.2.1.0 but gave me the same result, then i rolt back to the windows 10 nvidia driver version 432.00 and still high 3D clocks with the same results as with nvidia driver v457.30.

GPU TweakII version 2.2.1.0 on windows 10 v2004 the GPU clock is normal.

I also uninstalled armoury crate but still high clocks so it must be a windows 10 v20H2 problem?

Normal GPU Clock= 139

Today 20-11-2020 I did a clean install windows 10 20H2 + updates+ store updates, Amd chipset driver, intel lan, realtek lan, realtek sound from the asus site, then the nvidia driver from the download site installed everthing, when de installer was ready windows 10 froze only the mouse worked i reset the pc with the button, after the nvidia driver i installed Asus gpu tweakII v2.2.4.1 and i saw that the GPU clock is 608 Mhz instead of the normal 139Mhz. The pc is from 1 oktober 2020 i dont know where the problems are coming from windows 10 20H2 or the drivers or the pc.

The problems are random i did a clean install a few times, 3 times windows update KB4586781 also froze the pc when at 75%, Asus GPU tweakII is also random per install then 608Mhz the next clean install 139Mhz, and yesterday the pc froze after the nvidia driver was installed.
Windows 10 2004 didnt have these problems.

Problems start when installing drivers, after i installed everyting the pc has no problems only a higher GPU Clock.

I could try a clean install without installing the windows updates, only windows 10 20H2 + drivers and see if this fix the freezes.

Edit 25-11-2020:
Just did a clean install windows 10 20H2 +AMD chipsetdriver, Intel lan driver, Realtek lan driver, realtek sound driver, Nvidia Geforce driver 457.30, Asus GPU tweakII 2.2.6.0 without windows update and now i see no freezes and the GPU clock is normal 139Mhz. Did the windows 10 updates after GPU tweakII and still normal GPU clocks.

Wil do a clean install again with the latest windows updates and see if the problems come back.

Edit 29-11-2020:
No matter in what order i install the drivers GPU Tweak will start at 139Mhz and jump later to 608Mhz what is causing the problem i dont know
Windows 10 20H2+Nvidia driver 457.30+GPU TweakII 2.2.6.0.

The Nvidia driver isnt the problems so that leaves only windows 10 20H2

Windows 10 KB4592438 fixed the high clock in idle.

hdtvnut
Level 7
I was using GPUT 1.9.1.1 with Asus 2080ti OC and decided to download 2.2.4.1 to see if the ext fan function worked. Now the "apply" button doesn't work, just switches my settings to default. So can't OC or save.

The only thing I was able to do that saved properly was change ext fan to "user-defined", then do the Task Manager addition that Max2014 mentioned. The fan does come up, but behaves inconsistently.

I don't have and can't find the 1.9.1.1 zip; if anyone has this or any earlier ver than present I could try, I'd sure like to get it. Or other suggestion. Thanks.

Windows 10 home 1909 18363.1198
M12A board, bios 607

hdtvnut wrote:
I was using GPUT 1.9.1.1 with Asus 2080ti OC and decided to download 2.2.4.1 to see if the ext fan function worked. Now the "apply" button doesn't work, just switches my settings to default. So can't OC or save.

The only thing I was able to do that saved properly was change ext fan to "user-defined", then do the Task Manager addition that Max2014 mentioned. The fan does come up, but behaves inconsistently.

I don't have and can't find the 1.9.1.1 zip; if anyone has this or any earlier ver than present I could try, I'd sure like to get it. Or other suggestion. Thanks.

Windows 10 home 1909 18363.1198
M12A board, bios 607

This is the Asus GPU Tweak II download site.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GPUTweak%20II/HelpDesk_Download/

hdtvnut
Level 7
Trying 2.2.5.3, thought I had the latest nvidia driver installed, but it didn't take. After loading 217.21.14.5638, "apply" worked and saved.

Haven't tried dropping the ext fan workaround yet. The speed-up and hysteresis seem to vary. Sometimes the speed-up is one step, sometimes two. The speed may stay up after the GPU temp drops below 60C for anywhere from 10 sec to 10 minutes, and may drop about 50% and stay there. The ext fan re-calibration still doesn't work.

Is there any way to use GPU Tweak II with NVIDIA control panel properly now? I had to uninstall the software because it wouldn't let me set FPS cap through the program settings since the software overrides the driver. GPU Tweak is a nice way of controlling your graphics card and I would like to use it again...do we have any news of the upcoming GPU Tweak III?