cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak II: Beta Testing Program

stewart_1
Level 8
Welcome to the ASUS GPU Tweak II Beta Testing Program, designed to harness the collective intelligence of our passionate ROG Forum membership. This program serves two purposes:

a) to allow ROG Forum members a chance to sample the latest beta build of GPU Tweak II and the new features that we’re gradually rolling out.

b) to give members the opportunity to contribute to the next iteration of GPU Tweak, providing vital feedback that can help us improve things as we move forward.

Help Create the Next GPU Tweak

GPU Tweak II, our graphics card overclocking and monitoring utility, has quietly been evolving and improving behind closed doors for some time. As well as general tweaks and enhancements we’re also working on some new features that we hope you will enjoy. As with any software development project, it’s crucial to get some feedback and input from the people who who use it most - the enthusiasts, gamers, and overclockers who frequent the threads of the ROG Forum.

Round 1 - Version 1.8.3.5: July 3rd to July 31st 2018

The GPU Tweak II Beta Testing Program will be divided into rounds, each lasting approximately one month, and involving a new version of GPU Tweak II. Round 1 centers on version 1.8.3.5 and will run from today (July 3rd) to July 31st.

Here is an overview of the changes that you can expect to encounter in version 1.8.3.5:

OSD (On-screen Display)
Our new OSD feature sits front and center in version 1.8.3.5. It allows a range of key data metrics to be displayed in real-time during gameplay. These include GPU-related data such as GPU load, frequency, and temperature - vital stats to reference when you want to optimize your hardware for the best gaming experience.

We’ve also expanded the OSD concept to include Memo, Photo, and Position features that allow you to add text and images to the screen, and to customize where they're displayed. Please be sure to head into the settings area to try these new features for yourself.

The OSD is compatible with dozens of popular games. A full list can be found here. If you encounter any compatibility issues, please be sure to bring it to our attention in the feedback report.

UI Improvements and Tooltips
Those of you who are familiar with GPU Tweak II will notice that we have tweaked the interface in order to optimize the user experience. We’ve also added some tooltips. Simply hover over an icon or button to find advice related to that particular feature.

Advice About Beta Testing

The Beta Testing Program gives you access to the latest beta build of the GPU Tweak II app. As with any beta-level release, there is a good chance you will encounter minor bugs and some inconsistent behavior. If you come across a bug, make a note of it and make sure to tell us about it in the Feedback Report (below), this is where we will collect the feedback from users. If it causes system instability, you can safely remove the app using the Cleaner.exe utility provided below.

Downloads

Below, you can find download links for a utility called Cleaner.exe that completely removes the app, two documents to help explain the correct install procedure, and an intro to help you use the OSD feature.

Current version
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GPUTweak%20II/HelpDesk_Download/

Cleaner.exe
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Graphic Card/Unique_Applications/GamerOSD/ASUS_GPUTweakII_RemoveTool_Version_1.0.1.1.zip

Install SOP.pdf
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/app/Remove-Tool-SOP.pdf

How to use the OSD.pdf
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/app/How-to-use.pdf

GPU Tweak II Beta Testing: Feedback Report

To make the data collection process as coherent as possible, beta testers are invited to take part in a survey so that you can share their thoughts and feedback with us.

https://goo.gl/forms/KR08digesgxa3l0D2

This thread will also act as a place to discuss the new features, however, the feedback report will offer our software development team a clearer picture of where we need to work to improve things. It should take not much more than ten mins or so of your time. Thanks in advance...
126 REPLIES 126

Firstly, thank you this is awesome.

CPU temperature bug: I'm experiencing a bug where my CPU temperature isn't shown in OSD - it shows a constant zero degrees. Any ideas how to fix these? Happy to provide further info to help diagnose issue.

Feature request: In no particular order, I would love to see the following: Min FPS, 1% min FPS, Max FPS, Data logging to log file (possible hotkey trigger).

Keep up the good work! Really excited for round 2 of the beta testing, whenever that is.

Hi, it seems I can't control the fans on my Asus RTX 2080 ti on the latest version of GPU Tweak II.

jayhemd wrote:
Hi, it seems I can't control the fans on my Asus RTX 2080 ti on the latest version of GPU Tweak II.

Hi,

This is corrected with the latest 1.8.7.0 version : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105243-SOFTWARE-GPUTweak-II/page3#post739425

Mods, why is this thread still pinned when the gpu tweak ii beta version has long since been superceded by official releases? This thread is confusing for a lot of people, and should be unpinned until the next beta version is released.

1. OSD CAUSES MY MAIL NOT TO OPEN
2.GIVES ME BLACKSCREEN IN A NUMBER OF GAMES IF I DONT CLOSE GT2 FIRST
3.USENET DOWNLOADS JUST STOP THE DOWNLOADS BARS JUST GOING FROM 30MB/S TO 400KBS WHEN I SHUT DOWN GT2 ITS BACK TO NORMAL
4.VLC PLAYER IF I START A MOVIE WHEN GT2 IS ON VLC PLAYER WONT RESPONED ANYMORE BUT MOVIE KEEPS PLAYING NEED TO KILL PROCESS TO FIX IT

its since the osd was implanted its a wonderfull and must tool but well its terribe this way

MY SYSTEM SPECS

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 - NVIDIA Edition
Be Quiet Straight Power 10 800W CM 800W
Microsoft Windows 10
Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE SOCKET 2066
Intel® Core™ INTEL® CORE™ i7-7820X
Cooler Master V8GTS V2.0 RR-V8VC-16PR-R1
SAMSUNG 4k uhd hdr10+ tv - UE40KU6470
Crucial MX100 CT512MX100SSD1, 512 GB SSD
Crucial 32 GB DDR4-2133 Quad-Kit, Memory
ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC edition

Hello.
The GPU TWEAK II CRASH GAME WORLD OF TANKS WHEN OSD IS ENABLED.
Any ideas pls?
All drivers etc updated.
Thanx
George.
Μobo:ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI-CPU:Intel Core i9-14900K-Cooler:EKW-EK-KIT RGB 360-RAM:G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5-6400 CL32 64GB(4 x 16 GB)-GPU:ASUS GeForce® ASUS ROG STRIX GAMING RTX-3080Ti-#43; EKW-EK-KIT 480 RGB -PSU:Corsair HX1200i:HDD:Samsung M2 980 PRO with heatsink 2TB+Samsung 990 PRO 2 TB RAID-0 +Asus RAIDR Express 240GB- Case:Thermaltake View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Editionx

Can anyone tell me how to read the GPU Tweak log files? I can open them, but above it all I only see single letters which don't tell me much what they mean. They aren't really aligned the way they should, this could be because i open them with notepad.
Like in this screenshot. 8475584755

RandomTox wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to read the GPU Tweak log files? I can open them, but above it all I only see single letters which don't tell me much what they mean. They aren't really aligned the way they should, this could be because i open them with notepad.
Like in this screenshot. 8475584755

True, letters and columns have never been aligned for me too.

The letters correspond to how your display order is configured in your monitor panel from top to bottom.

You started your log file at 21:43:09 and it is taking a reading every .03 seconds.
G = Your GPU Clock, MHz reached a Max 795 at 21:43:36
M = Your Memory Clock, MHz reached A Max of 2000.0 at 21:50:24
G = Your Max GPU Temperature, C reached Max 54.4 at 21:43:09
G = Your Max GPU Fan Speed remained 0.0 all the time, so No Max /time
M = Your Max Memory Usage, MB reached a Max 310.0 at 21:44:09
The remaining letters M, G, J, M, G are not listed scroll to the right more (notepad word wrap disabled), but hopefully you get the idea.

pndiode wrote:
True, letters and columns have never been aligned for me too.

The letters correspond to how your display order is configured in your monitor panel from top to bottom.

You started your log file at 21:43:09 and it is taking a reading every .03 seconds.
G = Your GPU Clock, MHz reached a Max 795 at 21:43:36
M = Your Memory Clock, MHz reached A Max of 2000.0 at 21:50:24
G = Your Max GPU Temperature, C reached Max 54.4 at 21:43:09
G = Your Max GPU Fan Speed remained 0.0 all the time, so No Max /time
M = Your Max Memory Usage, MB reached a Max 310.0 at 21:44:09
The remaining letters M, G, J, M, G are not listed scroll to the right more (notepad word wrap disabled), but hopefully you get the idea.

Thank you very much! Yes the other letters are there, more to the right. Could you be so kind to tell what they are too?

RandomTox wrote:
Thank you very much! Yes the other letters are there, more to the right. Could you be so kind to tell what they are too?

The letters correspond to how your display order is configured in your monitor panel from top to bottom (use the scroll bar).

Just match the letters/names with the correct column of the log file.