cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak (Beta)

Retired
Not applicable
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=GPU%20Tweak&p=9&s=13&os=30&hashedid=n/a

Hey guys, GPU Tweak is now available for download! If you havent already heard, GPU Tweak is ASUS' new GPU tool to adjust frequencies, voltages, monitor temps, load, fan control, etc, along with GPU Z information. you will also be able to record HD video for in game video recording. This feature is currently unavailable, but should be ready in the next build.

Most of the features on here are still in beta stage as it is currently designed specifically for the Matrix 580, but it should work with DirectCU II cards and most reference cards.

Adjust frequency in 2D and 3D

Monitor and customize: GPU temp, GPU usage, Vid usage, FB usage, GPU Voltage, GPU Fan duty, GPU Fan RPM, Core Clock, Memory Clock, Processor Clock. You can also adjust Fetch interval (refreshing monitor information), and select widget style.

In settings, you have several tabs.
Main: Lets to configure how the app starts up.
Tuning: Adjust display priorities, mouse and keyboard sensitivity.

Live update: Automatically looks for the latest driver updates and Vbios updates.

Recording: Allows you to do in screen capture up to 720P. handy for games or on screen tutorials.
Hot Keys: Adjust settings on the fly by programing your keyboard for quick adjustments.

GPU Z: The good ol GPU-Z info that has a consistent skin tone with the rest of the GPU Tweak package!
232 REPLIES 232

X-ROG
Level 15
Of course. It will be a free program. I'm wondering why they put it on the install CD since it is STILL a beta?! Very strange, will have to ask about that.

spiralshock
Level 7
yes find out! LOL

My son had been having issues w/ BF3 and read on one of the BF3 forums that if ya have SmartDoctor installed (not necessarily running) , the game would crash. After I told him that was ridiculous, he uninstalled it and hasn't had the crashes since. Anyone know if this utility has same / similar issues ?

Secondly, I see that this utility looks darn awfully familiar. I have been using the MSI Afterburner tool developed in conjunction with the Guru3D folks and damned if the tweak tool doesn't look almost exactly the same except for the color scheme....and the fact that I can monitor both cards in SLI at the same time.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=2816

Third, what is the reason that the system needs to be rebooted after the install ? This suggests some "boot time" loading thing that I'm not comfy with..... see item 1.
October 26 Build
MoBo:Max VI Formula
RAM:16GB Mushkin DDR3-2400 10-12-12-28
GFX:2x Asus GTX780 DCII
HD: 2x Seagate 2TB Hybrid SSHD
SSD:2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
PSU:Seasonic X-1250
Case:Phanteks Enthoo Primo
Monitor:Asus VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz
Optical:Asus BR Burner
KB: Logitech G19s
Mouse:RoG GX950
Fan Con.: Six Eyes
Cooling:420+280 Alphacool Rads, 35x2 Pump, EK CPU/ GPU Blocks, Acrylic Tubes w/ BP Fit

X-ROG
Level 15
Thanks for the heads-up! (They never tell me global site updates :/) I've been told for definite the GPU Tweak will launch before the end of the month and will have its own download page so you don't have to go digging through driver pages on graphics cards.

JackNaylorPE - We co-work with the same developers as GPU-Z that MSI do. Fundamentally the functions are similar as the software does them very well (why reinvent the wheel?) although we added our own tweaks and functions to it, and extras specific to ROG hardware (like memory timing tweaking for example). Guru3D merely hosts the file there, actually TechPowerUp develops GPU-Z. We also co-work with CPU-Z developers to have an ROG branded CPU-Z too 🙂

DONT install Smartdoctor. It's an old, crap piece of software. GPU Tweak replaces it.

i don't know if version 2.0.0.6 is the final one, but it does not support my Ati EAH6870DC card, under support i mean, i still cannot adjust voltages. I really hope, that asus is going to release a tweak software for all it's cards ... still hoping ... smart doctor is a total disaster for me.

ps. i know i have a non Geforce card ... but still i am sure that at some point asus will expand it, and better be soon.

it will be great if we get some sort of info regarding the full version, supported graphic cards .... just something that can keep us waiting, but assure us that the era of smartdoctor is over ! 😄

I'm sure it's not the last/final version. 🙂

ASUSROGADMIN
Level 8
It will support for AMD and Nvidia.

I'll feedback your findings for EAH6840DC and 2.0.06.
=============

ROG HQ

Kronvict
Level 9
Is there any way to activate OSD monitoring while gaming and is there logitech G15 monitoring support? If not is it planned for a future update? I would rather just use GPU tweak instead of using it with precision/afterburner for monitoring.

X-ROG
Level 15
It has a widget function that condenses the main display into a small desktop readout. I don't think there's an overlay, but I'll ask.

It doesn't have G15 support sorry.