cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak 2 Failing - Card reached 92C

danforz
Level 7
Hello all,

I am running GPU Tweak II on Windows 10 with a 980ti Strix. No matter what I do to set custom fan curves, they seem to magically change. Sometimes they go back to the default, sometimes to they go to something completely odd. Worse yet, I noted thermal throttling and and temps up to 92C at least on one occasion!

Is this issue common? I would be extremely frustrated if the very software provided by Asus to manage their card causes it to burn out. Any advice on how to handle would be welcome. For now, I may just switch to MSI Afterburner.

Daniel
3 REPLIES 3

toronto699
Level 13
With my Asus GTX card , Asus GPU Tweak 50% of the time does not keep profiles or fan settings. I use MSI Afterburner more reliable , sometimes I try Asus GPU Tweak , its hit or miss

Yes, I've had the same issues with GPU Tweak. Very often (almost never after a reboot), my selected profile was not correctly applied.

Twice while gaming I ran into the issue that the fan did not come out of passive mode at all (or turned itself off for some reason), until the card fail-safe/throttle suddenly kicked in, blasting the fan at 100%.

I've switched to MSI Afterburner now, and while I haven't done any gaming yet it seems more stable. In fact I've been purposely underclocking to keep the card cool/quiet when watching movies while using graphics card functions (madVR) but that works as you'd expect with MSI, which it did not with GPU Tweak.

toronto699
Level 13
Here are other Tweak Software
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1732:les-tweakers-pour-g...

If u use A Moded VBios do not use Evega Precision X will be issues