cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GameFirst V won't open

Someguy363
Level 7
Hello, I have an Asus Gl504 Hero 2 and I am trying to open up the GameFirst V app. I've tried opening it up through the gaming center and searching the app and running it as administer but it refuses to open. I click on it and nothing happens. Does anyone know what is wrong?
2,981 Views
8 REPLIES 8

Sascho
Level 7
Same issue here it seems the program is running in the back but I can't open it.

thunder_1
Level 7
Someguy363 wrote:
Hello, I have an Asus Gl504 Hero 2 and I am trying to open up the GameFirst V app. I've tried opening it up through the gaming center and searching the app and running it as administer but it refuses to open. I click on it and nothing happens. Does anyone know what is wrong?


I have Gl503GE and had the same problem. Download the setup from Asus Drivers and support. Uninstall it using IOBit uninstaller (or any other uninstaller) to remove the additional files, restart PC, install setup as administrator. Don't use the "GameFirst V.bat" file. Now its opening.
Make sure you don't restart when it asks while uninstalling, else the additional files wont be removed.

hey guys, i just tried re downloading game first v on asus download center and re installed. its now perfectly running. same issue from the start.

dadamatapang wrote:
hey guys, i just tried re downloading game first v on asus download center and re installed. its now perfectly running. same issue from the start.


Can you share me the download link?

Huzaifa Ahmed wrote:
Can you share me the download link?


Hey guys im having the same issue . Im not able to open gamefisrt. I try to run as administrator still won't open. Evan try to uninstall and download again but it isn't helping. Did you guys got any working solutions.

FaithAbhi wrote:
Hey guys im having the same issue . Im not able to open gamefisrt. I try to run as administrator still won't open. Evan try to uninstall and download again but it isn't helping. Did you guys got any working solutions.


Same issue. Everything was fine for a while--I didn't even know it was running. Then I wanted to adjust the settings because Gamefirst V suddenly started using one of my CPU cores at full 100%--similar to what Cortana was doing till I disabled her. All I could do was turn it off in the task manager and then later uninstall it. I uninstalled and then later reinstalled it and the issue remained the same. There is no way I know of to open it or stop it from automatically starting--so--because it has one of my CPU cores running at 100% and heating up, I just ended it in task manager and then unistalled it again.

Also, downloading Gamefirst V from the Overwolf website proved fruitless, too. It just opened up two display windows--one of which opened suddenly when I opened some game software, and just had Q&As and a second little one with a display of internet speeds--and it was stuck at zero.

Same issue. The program does not start after uninstalling it and re-installing it.
Is there any incompatibility?
I also reset the notebook to factory settings but it doesn't work.

thunder_1 wrote:
I have Gl503GE and had the same problem. Download the setup from Asus Drivers and support. Uninstall it using IOBit uninstaller (or any other uninstaller) to remove the additional files, restart PC, install setup as administrator. Don't use the "GameFirst V.bat" file. Now its opening.
Make sure you don't restart when it asks while uninstalling, else the additional files wont be removed.

It didn't work for me but then I ran it in compatibility mode for windows 7 and it worked.