cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75vx Performance Issues 'downgrading' to win7

elssha
Level 7
Hi all,
So I just downgraded my g75vx to windows 7 (64bit). It took me a while to get the wireless (any internet, really) working, but I finally got drivers that enabled wifi.
I thought I was home free, but ever since the downgrade (running off an SSD no less), the system has been feeling super sluggish.
Websites take forever to load, programs lag (MS word took over a min from click to open, programs install slower)... and my fans have been louder than I've ever heard them (and have stayed that way through restarts, etc).

Anyone know what might be happening?
More importantly, anyone know how to fix it?
Thanks ^_^
5 REPLIES 5

enterprise775
Level 7
Fresh install and you already feeling lag? Post some PC specs that you're working on.
What antvir are you running? if nothing yet than I would suggest min 30 day full trail like Avast. Sounds like you might have some mailware software.
Go to Avast and get Internet security and setup boot time scan, it should catch everything that might be bugging your system.
http://www.getavast.net/support/boot-time-scan/
Keep us posted

rakista88
Level 7
I can specualte that this is a software problem. Prolly virus. Yep, you think its clean until you acquire an antivirus that detects those pesky litter buggers. Is your windows cracked? Or is it a legit windows. Other cracked software can be infused with viruses.

If its still slow. I honestly dont know bro. 😉
ASUS ROG G75VX (Windows 8.1)
Intel® Core™ i7 3630QM Processor
17.3" Full HD 3D (1920x1080) LED Backlight
DR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 12GB
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670MX with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM

Duke_of_Alinor
Level 7
There is a full set of drivers around here somewhere for Win7.
My G75VX runs noticeably faster with Win7 than the installed 8 which I attribute to a clean install. If yours runs slower something is wrong.
Standard tests are to turn off any anti-virus, anti-spam and firewalls to see if they are slowing things down.
It sounds like you may not have the right network drivers and double check your video drivers.

BTW, Win 7 was an UPGRADE for me from 8. 😉

If you haven't read this old post you should I'm sure you will find a solution to your issues. There is no way that win 7 is better or faster tor more stable than 8.1 Hope you can solve your issues.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

B-RAD
Level 7
Hey elsha if i could ask where did u find your wifi drivers?