cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.SKILL Trident Z RGB + AURA = NO CONTROL ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ASUS⠀-⠀PLEASE READ

DustinW
Level 7
I think there is a compatibility issue with AURA Software and G.SKILLs Trident Z RGB DRAM. AURA Refuses to detect it to control it's RGB. I have the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme board. I tried enabling SPD Write in the BIOS, didn't make a difference. I even tried using G.SKILLs own software and suggestions to fix - nothing worked.

Here are my specs:

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XI Extreme
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mhz 64GB
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 8GB OC RTX 2070
Storage: Intel SSD 750, Samsung NVMe 970 EVO, Intel Optane 32GB
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X72
PSU: Corsair HX850i

No overclocking. XMP Enabled. SPD Write Enabled.
42 REPLIES 42

It's still not working for me. Armoury Crate detects the memories, but they don't light up at all. I tried reinstalling armoury crate and trident z lightning control

Doudididoune wrote:
Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, my Gskill are back in Aura Creator with the last update !

How did you do it bro?

Doudididoune wrote:
What the hell is happening again with Gskill Trident Z ??

It was sync and reconized by Armory Crate (with the Gskill software tips found here), and now, it's not reconized anymore.

I did not do any update from yesterday to today, where is that coming from ??

Power off your pc. (unplug) wait , then power it up again.

Product Name: ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit Ver.2009 (OS build 19044.1889)
BIOS Version: 1720
BIOS Release Date: 08/12/2022
CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900KS
Memory: 64 GB @
- 16 GB DDR4-3200, G Skill Intl F4-3200C14-16GTZR
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 11264 MB
VBIOS Version: 90.02.0B.00.74
Drive: SSD, Samsung SSD 970 PRO 1TB, 953.87 GB
Drive: SSD, Samsung SSD 960 PRO 1TB, 953.87 GB
Network: Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V
Network: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz
Power Plan: GUID: 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e (Balanced)

Ok, So I have a 64 gb ram kit 3200 CL14 which I pulled from my previous build. I went from amd to intel, RGB worked fine. I did have asus board and all the same software. But funny enough I don"t like armoury crate. I never installed it first on this build. I installed aura sync by it self first. Only my ram was being detected.
My ram worked and did exactly what I want it to do which is comet. but nothing else worked, not the motherboard or my case lighting which is phantek from my previous build which I know it works. So I call asus, they tell me its a bad board send it in to fix. But I don't, I'm too busy for that. I leave it for a month or so, until it starts bothering me again. I search forums to see if anyone had or solved this problem of mine. I caved and installed armoury crate, (its growing on me!) Now after some updates I have armoury crate detecting everything. My lighting strips, motherboard and ram. But aura creator only detects mother board and lighting strips, not ram. I had to download gskill software for amoury crate to detect ram, plus had to power off pc for 15 sec. before reboot. Note my gskill software cant control my ram at all, ever. My ram does not light up anymore at this time. I have uninstalled everything properly and reinstalled them in different orders. I'm stuck. When I looked up aura creator it doesn't say anything about gskill compatible. did they have a fight, and now not accommodating them anymore? Note: in my previous build I had a uninstall able program called "Patriot" I always wondered if that was wrong because I have gskill ram not Patriot ram. and now I have something called aura lighting effect.

Hope this gives someone an idea on how to solve this problem.

Re
Level 10
Chipset driver? Still no problems here
Are the plugins installed in Crate for rams?*

KILLER_K
Level 10
I have the same issue with my G.Skill NEO. As now it will not even be seen by G.Skills software as well. I have done multiple bios clears, uninstalled the software, cleaned the registry. Reinstalled stop and started services as well. And lastely was the latest bios update and still nothing. At this point it is stuck on saying I need an motherboard update in Crate. But when you click it it just spins for a second and goes away.

Removing Valorant and Vanguard is what finally fixed it for me

Vanguard is blocking the software.

RadioactiveMicrobe wrote:
Removing Valorant and Vanguard is what finally fixed it for me

Vanguard is blocking the software.

HOLY CRAP THIS WORKED FOR ME! I spent hours installing/reinstalling Aura/Armoury Crate and researching fixes.. then I saw your post and said what the hell I don't like the game anyway. Uninstalled Valorant/Vanguard, restarted PC, started Aura and voila the DRAM showed up in the device list (initially unsynced/broken chain). How did you find out it was Vanguard blocking it? Seriously wtf???

DustinW
Level 7
Sadly ASUS nor G.SKILL have properly addressed this issue and either has done nothing to offer a remedy. Sad.

DustinW
Level 7
ASUS, can you in writing confirm that the ROG Maximus XI Extreme is compatible with the RGB of G.Skill's Trident Z RGB DIMMs? Right now I am led to believe it is NOT. When you explore an infinite loop of useless run arounds and solutions that completely miss the mark, you are led to believe that there is a compatibility issue. THERE IS NO SOLUTION THAT WORKS. PERIOD. END OF. G.SKILLs own lighting control software doesn't even affect the RGB of the DIMMs - I am led to believe the software is somehow completely unable to address the RGB on the sticks. Considering how terrible ASUSs software has been thus far, I'm almost 100% confident this is a software problem. It's almost 2020, ASUS, PLEASE assist!