cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.SKILL Trident Z RGB + AURA = NO CONTROL ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ASUS⠀-⠀PLEASE READ

DustinW
Level 7
I think there is a compatibility issue with AURA Software and G.SKILLs Trident Z RGB DRAM. AURA Refuses to detect it to control it's RGB. I have the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme board. I tried enabling SPD Write in the BIOS, didn't make a difference. I even tried using G.SKILLs own software and suggestions to fix - nothing worked.

Here are my specs:

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XI Extreme
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mhz 64GB
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 8GB OC RTX 2070
Storage: Intel SSD 750, Samsung NVMe 970 EVO, Intel Optane 32GB
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X72
PSU: Corsair HX850i

No overclocking. XMP Enabled. SPD Write Enabled.
42 REPLIES 42

SilenMar wrote:
Upgrade to Windows 11 because Amaury Crate only works in Windows 11. Every time ASUS software has an issue ASUS has to search "support" from Microsoft. But Microsoft is a cheapskate who doesn't want to spend money fixing problems on the older version of Windows and Microsoft tells ASUS after a long time of collaboration that ASUS should focus on Windows 11 because this OS actually works.

did AMD fix the performance issue with windows 11 because thats the reason i have not updated yet...it was a significant decrease in performance too

sleepur wrote:
did AMD fix the performance issue with windows 11 because thats the reason i have not updated yet...it was a significant decrease in performance too

Well you should've bought Intel instead. Whatever comes to the top-tier performance always belongs to Intel. Also, this is ROG. You can get 350fps in ROTR with an Intel while AMD can never do that.
components in PCPartPicker
Intel 8700K - 5.1GHz core, 5.0GHz cache, 1.37v
EVGA FTW3 1080Ti Hybrid SLI - 2.0GHz core, 12GHz memory
Asus Maximus X Hero
Corsair Dominator 16x4GB - 3000MHz default XMP 15-17-17-35
Fire Strike 36838 Extreme 25250 Ultra 14464

Same here, like a lot of people too (just check Armory Crate and Aura Creator topics).

B550 F-Gaming Wifi, Trident Z Neo, I can see them in Armory Crate, it works fine with basic effect, but impossible to get them in Aura Creator.

Such a shame because it worked perfectly before December Armory Crate update, and it was much better than Gskill software.

Hey guys !

Great news !! An Asus Moderator just answered on Aura Creator topic, and an update is finally in testing process, and will be released in the next two weeks for G Skill rams !

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125528-Aura-Creator-V3-1-3-0-Report-here-if-any-issues/pag...

Just have to wait now. :cool:

Doudididoune wrote:
Hey guys !

Great news !! An Asus Moderator just answered on Aura Creator topic, and an update is finally in testing process, and will be released in the next two weeks for G Skill rams !

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125528-Aura-Creator-V3-1-3-0-Report-here-if-any-issues/pag...

Just have to wait now. :cool:

The same crap won't work as long as you are using Windows 10 no matter how many Aura updates
Asus Maximus X Hero

SilenMar wrote:
The same crap won't work as long as you are using Windows 10 no matter how many Aura updates

I use Windows 10 since the begining, and never had issues with Aura Creator, only since the December Armory Crate update.

Doudididoune wrote:
I use Windows 10 since the begining, and never had issues with Aura Creator, only since the December Armory Crate update.

What you can expect from legacy system.
Asus Maximus X Hero

What the hell is happening again with Gskill Trident Z ??

It was sync and reconized by Armory Crate (with the Gskill software tips found here), and now, it's not reconized anymore.

I did not do any update from yesterday to today, where is that coming from ??

Same here but with Ballistix Memory.
On 22. or 23 the Memory startet to randomly disappear in Armory Create.
As for now I can't get it back working.

Instate of the Memory a strang "Fan Extension Card II" is popping up, which I don't have.

Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, my Gskill are back in Aura Creator with the last update !