cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.SKILL Trident Z RGB + AURA = NO CONTROL ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ASUS⠀-⠀PLEASE READ

DustinW
Level 7
I think there is a compatibility issue with AURA Software and G.SKILLs Trident Z RGB DRAM. AURA Refuses to detect it to control it's RGB. I have the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme board. I tried enabling SPD Write in the BIOS, didn't make a difference. I even tried using G.SKILLs own software and suggestions to fix - nothing worked.

Here are my specs:

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XI Extreme
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mhz 64GB
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 8GB OC RTX 2070
Storage: Intel SSD 750, Samsung NVMe 970 EVO, Intel Optane 32GB
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X72
PSU: Corsair HX850i

No overclocking. XMP Enabled. SPD Write Enabled.
42 REPLIES 42

TR1PW1R3
Level 7
Ok, here's how I fixed mine without having to reinstall Windows 10 (again). First download and install Revo Uninstaller Pro Trial Version.
Then download the Gskill Lighting App. Next Open Revo Uninstaller and do a Forced Uninstall and in the exact program name type ENE and remove the ENE RGB HAL from there. Reboot PC. Next Install the GSkill Lighting control and reboot. Now check and see if Gskill Memory shows up in Asus Aura software. If not then run Revo Uninstaller again and uninstall the Gskill Lighting app. *IMPORTANT* When unisntalling Gskill LIghting app you will see an installation box pop up for the ENE RGB HAL. If it says Install then install and reboot BUT if it says Uninstall then DON'T uninstall. The reason behind this process is to install the ENE RGB HAL from Gskill and replace the broken version that comes installed with Asus Aura. Once you remove ENE RGB HAL and replace it with Gskill ENE RGB HAL (which has the exact same name but is a different version) then you will be able to control the lighting for your RAM whereas prior to doing this my memory didn't show up in ASUS AURA as one of the devices that can be controlled.

DustinW wrote:
I think there is a compatibility issue with AURA Software and G.SKILLs Trident Z RGB DRAM. AURA Refuses to detect it to control it's RGB. I have the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme board. I tried enabling SPD Write in the BIOS, didn't make a difference. I even tried using G.SKILLs own software and suggestions to fix - nothing worked.

Here are my specs:

TR1PW1R3
Level 7
Ok, here's how I fixed mine without having to reinstall Windows 10 (again). First download and install Revo Uninstaller Pro Trial Version.
Then download the Gskill Lighting App. *DON'T INSTALL GSKILL APP YET!* Next Open Revo Uninstaller and do a Forced Uninstall and in the exact program name type ENE and remove the ENE RGB HAL from there. Reboot PC. Next Install the GSkill Lighting control and reboot. Now check and see if Gskill Memory shows up in Asus Aura software. If not then run Revo Uninstaller again and uninstall the Gskill Lighting app. *IMPORTANT* When unisntalling Gskill LIghting app you will see an installation box pop up for the ENE RGB HAL. If it says Install then install and reboot BUT if it says Uninstall then DON'T uninstall. The reason behind this process is to install the ENE RGB HAL from Gskill and replace the broken version that comes installed with Asus Aura. Once you remove ENE RGB HAL and replace it with Gskill ENE RGB HAL (which has the exact same name but is a different version) then you will be able to control the lighting for your RAM whereas prior to doing this my memory didn't show up in ASUS AURA as one of the devices that can be controlled. 836518365283653

TR1PW1R3 wrote:
Then download the Gskill Lighting App. *DON'T INSTALL GSKILL APP YET!* Next Open Revo Uninstaller and do a Forced Uninstall and in the exact program name type ENE and remove the ENE RGB HAL from there. Reboot PC. Next Install the GSkill Lighting control and reboot. Now check and see if Gskill Memory shows up in Asus Aura software. If not then run Revo Uninstaller again and uninstall the Gskill Lighting app. *IMPORTANT* When unisntalling Gskill LIghting app you will see an installation box pop up for the ENE RGB HAL. If it says Install then install and reboot BUT if it says Uninstall then DON'T uninstall. The reason behind this process is to install the ENE RGB HAL from Gskill and replace the broken version that comes installed with Asus Aura. Once you remove ENE RGB HAL and replace it with Gskill ENE RGB HAL (which has the exact same name but is a different version) then you will be able to control the lighting for your RAM whereas prior to doing this my memory didn't show up in ASUS AURA as one of the devices that can be controlled. 836518365283653

Good catch on the ENE RGB HAL. I opened up G.SKILL's installer, and it probably detected that it was installed, or I had a previous unclean uninstall, so it prompted to uninstall ENE RGB HAL then G.SKILL's control software. Then I reinstalled G.SKILL's control software (with ENE RGB HAL) and restarted, and Armoury Crate indeed detected the memory's RGB lighting. Then I just removed TridentZ lighting control from control panel (clicking close when prompted to uninstall ENE RGB HAL and the control software uninstalls itself without touching the RGB HAL thing).

Reserved Revo Uninstaller for AISuite 3, lol. That thing sticks like a virus. Tracked installation for AI Suite and hope I don't have to resort to that in the future. The installer just tries to call AsIO2.sys whenever there is a trace of AISuite left, while that sys file is either missing or damaged. Had to search with multiple program names (ASUS, AISuite) in Revo Uninstaller to fully clean up the mess and get it to install correctly again. Raja@ASUS's AI3Cleaner.exe doesn't wipe up any of the mess at all.

TR1PW1R3 wrote:

Thanks mate, after updating yesterday (Today is october 2nd 2022) to the new version of win 11 i was facing this issue , and spent about 3 hours searching the web for a solution, a none of them worked, so i went after 3 am to sleep, today after 1 hour searching again , yor solution is the one that worked, thanks again.

BTW i just left installed the Gskill app, but deactivated at windows startup, and my RAM is still showing up in Asus Aura , mine is lighting control version 1.07.84
i have an Asus Ros Strix Z370- F gaming motherboard.

Again thanks for this one. :cool::cool::cool:

EDIT:
guys after doing this , i saw that when I shutdown my PC the mobo stayed on with the led in red , after doing some research, a lot of people using this brand of ram , had the same issue as mine , so basically the latest Asus armory crate , installing with aura creator solves the problem on latest windows 11 update (22H2).

So yeah just uninstall all related with aura sync and lightning control, delete registry entries using CCleaner or Revo uninstaller, and do a clean install of Armory Crate, so aura sync is obsolete, thanks.

I hope this solve your problems too.

takarag13
Level 8
DustinW wrote:

Here are my specs:

same exactly for me!!!do something at last!!!!!!!

OMGDrAcula
Level 9
Randomly every other device works other than the RAM which worked as of 24 hours ago. I shut my computer down and now only the ram will not sync up. WTF. I do have Valorant and Vanguard installed though which I know has been causing issues.

SilenMar
Level 7
LoL, piece of **** not working again!
components in PCPartPicker
Intel 8700K - 5.1GHz core, 5.0GHz cache, 1.37v
EVGA FTW3 1080Ti Hybrid SLI - 2.0GHz core, 12GHz memory
Asus Maximus X Hero
Corsair Dominator 16x4GB - 3000MHz default XMP 15-17-17-35
Fire Strike 36838 Extreme 25250 Ultra 14464

SilenMar wrote:
LoL, piece of **** not working again!

Same here, latest update of Armory Crate borked the RAM and it's not visible from aura sync now. I've tried doing a complete uninstall and following the instructions listed here, along with all the other suggestions and haven't been successful yet.

My RAM, AIO, Motherboard, GPU and Monitor were all discoverable and working, prior the update.

igotgame1075 wrote:
Same here, latest update of Armory Crate borked the RAM and it's not visible from aura sync now. I've tried doing a complete uninstall and following the instructions listed here, along with all the other suggestions and haven't been successful yet.

My RAM, AIO, Motherboard, GPU and Monitor were all discoverable and working, prior the update.

Same here. Decided to install the latest Armoury Crate on Zenith II Extreme Alpha. Armoury Crate didn't detect G.SKill Neo at all and all g.skill rgb were turn off. Before it was able to detect and but can't control DIMM D1 and D2. Had to clean installation and install Aura Sync 1.07.79 and got it work. Also aside failing to detect G.Skill, also I don't see livedash within the Armoury Crate. I made backup prior installing the latest Armoury Crate so I don't have to do clean instalation everytime asus software screw up my system.

Install "G.SKILL Trident Z Lighting Control"
run --> msconfig --> startup --> open --> Trident Z deactivation
So, ram will appear in Armoury Crate. All effects will work and there is no need to kill Hid every time you switch on pc...
No cpu usage, but ram is recognised by Aura
Thats the only way to: keep program, get your ram detected and dont stress cpu 😉