cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G.SKILL Trident Z RGB + AURA = NO CONTROL ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ASUS⠀-⠀PLEASE READ

DustinW
Level 7
I think there is a compatibility issue with AURA Software and G.SKILLs Trident Z RGB DRAM. AURA Refuses to detect it to control it's RGB. I have the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme board. I tried enabling SPD Write in the BIOS, didn't make a difference. I even tried using G.SKILLs own software and suggestions to fix - nothing worked.

Here are my specs:

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus XI Extreme
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mhz 64GB
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 8GB OC RTX 2070
Storage: Intel SSD 750, Samsung NVMe 970 EVO, Intel Optane 32GB
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X72
PSU: Corsair HX850i

No overclocking. XMP Enabled. SPD Write Enabled.
42 REPLIES 42

Re
Level 10
DustinW wrote:
I think there is a compatibility issue with AURA Software and G.SKILLs Trident Z RGB DRAM. AURA Refuses to detect it to control it's RGB. I have the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme board. I tried enabling SPD Write in the BIOS, didn't make a difference. I even tried using G.SKILLs own software and suggestions to fix - nothing worked.

Here are my specs:

well I have same RAM and board and it works for me. I use Armoury Crate. Have you updated your bios?*

Re@per wrote:
well I have same RAM and board and it works for me. I use Armoury Crate. Have you updated your bios?*

Yep! Updated to latest bios

DustinW wrote:
Yep! Updated to latest bios

have you done a cmos clear?

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
DustinW wrote:

Here are my specs:

Try using these as follows. these work best IF registry cleaners have not being use. Also close the aura apps or armory crate app.

1. open c
2. open program files (x86)
3. open lighting service
4. delete file name LastProfile.XML
5. empty recycle bin
6.Open Services (windows logo type services
7. Find LightingService and restart that service, and restart the computer. IF the service is stop start the service and righ away restart and restart the computer.
These is the process to make aura work, or at far is the fix we find that works the best 99% of the times
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
Try using these as follows. these work best IF registry cleaners have not being use. Also close the aura apps or armory crate app.

1. open c
2. open program files (x86)
3. open lighting service
4. delete file name LastProfile.XML
5. empty recycle bin
6.Open Services (windows logo type services
7. Find LightingService and restart that service, and restart the computer. IF the service is stop start the service and righ away restart and restart the computer.
These is the process to make aura work, or at far is the fix we find that works the best 99% of the times

This does not affect the DRAM. Aura will notice everything except that. In fact even when I restart the service, all RGB turns off temporaily, except the DRAM - it's just ALWAYS in G.SKILLs standard rainbow pattern, no mater what.

DustinW wrote:
This does not affect the DRAM. Aura will notice everything except that. In fact even when I restart the service, all RGB turns off temporaily, except the DRAM - it's just ALWAYS in G.SKILLs standard rainbow pattern, no mater what.

Thanks for the note. need another user with these issue so i can check and cross check.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
Thanks for the note. need another user with these issue so i can check and cross check.

My apologies for the late reply. I have cleared the CMOS, also just even updated to Bios 1401 - still AURA is not seeing the DIMMs. I should point out that the ram functions completely fine - its just the RGB. I've tried every bit of software ASUS has. I'm on the latest version of Armory Crate - it's built in AURA functions work just fine - but again, not seeing the DIMMs

MrAgapiGC wrote:

I have an Asus crosshair VIII extreme with the same situation, i have gskill trident z royals that will ONLY show in the standard rainbow effect and nothing will change that effect unless i download SignalRGB thats the only service that will fix it but on my old Gigabyte board it would show in the armoury crate app.

sleepur wrote:
I have an Asus crosshair VIII extreme with the same situation, i have gskill trident z royals that will ONLY show in the standard rainbow effect and nothing will change that effect unless i download SignalRGB thats the only service that will fix it but on my old Gigabyte board it would show in the armoury crate app.

Upgrade to Windows 11 because Amaury Crate only works in Windows 11. Every time ASUS software has an issue ASUS has to search "support" from Microsoft. But Microsoft is a cheapskate who doesn't want to spend money fixing problems on the older version of Windows and Microsoft tells ASUS after a long time of collaboration that ASUS should focus on Windows 11 because this OS actually works.
components in PCPartPicker
Intel 8700K - 5.1GHz core, 5.0GHz cache, 1.37v
EVGA FTW3 1080Ti Hybrid SLI - 2.0GHz core, 12GHz memory
Asus Maximus X Hero
Corsair Dominator 16x4GB - 3000MHz default XMP 15-17-17-35
Fire Strike 36838 Extreme 25250 Ultra 14464