Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find realtek audio manager WITH headphone virtualisation on win 11

Nayko93
Level 7
hi, I need some help from someone really good with audio driver

here's the story :

I just switched from my old pc on win 7 to a new one on win 11 ( 5900x on asus dark hero )
but after instaling all driver from asus, I didn't see any realtek audio manager, so I decided to try find it online elsewhere .....
so... now it's been 2 day that I searsh everywhere to find a version compatible with win 11 and with the option to "virtualize a headphone" ( headphone virtualizartion or spacial suround ) but nothing yet

I've tried the official win 10 version on the page of my motherboard, the audio manager showed up but no virtualization option
I've tried on realtek website, and after instalation there was no manager, only driver instaled
I've tried many other, each time it's the same, either the manager don't show up, either it show up but without spacial suround option
just one time I've found one that showed up AND with spacial suround option, but it didn't work at all, enabling the option changed nothing

so am I just stupid for missing something logic or is this really this big of a mess with audio driver on modern OS ?

I use a sennheiser 598 so it's just stereo, I need virtual suround to watch movie and play game
on win 7 the spacial suround of realtek was really good, it felt like in a movie theater with this option enabled
but here on win 11 the only thing that I can have are the windows sonic stuff, it's really sh**, this or nothing are the same, and the dolby atmos on microsoft store, better but far from what I'm used too with realtek virtualization

it start to really bother me, I even tried to put my old win 7 drive in my new pc and be done with win 11, but of course when I try to boot on the drive the windows logo freeze and BSOD

so now I have only 2 option left :

either a hero here could tell me what I've missed and tell me how to have audio manager with spacial suround option
either I'm gonna have to buy a new headset with surruoud virualization build in that sound like what I'm used to with realtek manager
5 REPLIES 5

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx).

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx).

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

thanks for the info
I know it's been a long time, it's because I ended up buying a headset with integrated sound card for suround virtualization
so I didn't need realteck stuff anymore

but now I'm switching back to a simple jack headset, and so I tried your method of instaling the stuff

it didn't work

This is what I want, with the little "virtual suround" button or the "headphone virutalization" button

And this is what I ended up with when following your instructions

so not at all what I wanted 😞

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Since you have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, the configuration of the Upmix / Surround must be done via Sonic Studio III (SS3) and/or DTS Sound Unbound :

SS3 : Sonic Studio > Basic Mode :

Sonic Studio Effects : On
Upmix / Surround : Checked

DTS Sound Unbound : DTS Headphone:X > Enable DTS Headphone:X > Configure > Click on the 3 dots (...) and type the reference of your audio equipment :

- If you find your audio equipment select it.
- If you don't find your audio equipment :

If you use earphones : Choose the earphones icon
If you use headphone/headset : Choose the headset icon
If you use speakers : Choose the crossed headset icon

For my part I have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard, and I additionally bought DTS Sound Unbound with the aim of using DTS Headphone:X spatialization when the games are compatible in addition to SS3 spatialization, and to use SS3 spatialization (Music global profile (untouched/default) + Upmix / Surround checked) for all other content including games that do not are not compatible with DTS Headphone:X spatialization.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Since you have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, the configuration of the Upmix / Surround must be done via Sonic Studio III (SS3) and/or DTS Sound Unbound :

SS3 : Sonic Studio > Basic Mode :

Sonic Studio Effects : On
Upmix / Surround : Checked

DTS Sound Unbound : DTS Headphone:X > Enable DTS Headphone:X > Configure > Click on the 3 dots (...) and type the reference of your audio equipment :

- If you find your audio equipment select it.
- If you don't find your audio equipment :

If you use earphones : Choose the earphones icon
If you use headphone/headset : Choose the headset icon
If you use speakers : Choose the crossed headset icon

For my part I have an ASUS ROG SS3 motherboard, and I additionally bought DTS Sound Unbound with the aim of using DTS Headphone:X spatialization when the games are compatible in addition to SS3 spatialization, and to use SS3 spatialization (Music global profile (untouched/default) + Upmix / Surround checked) for all other content including games that do not are not compatible with DTS Headphone:X spatialization.

thanks, but I've tested the sonic 3 thing, with sonic sound effect enabled and surround enabled, and it don't sound like the realtek AT ALL
it sound as bad as the windows atmos stuff

is there really no way to have the exact same asus realtek audio manager I had on windows 7 ?..

Nayko93 wrote:
is there really no way to have the exact same asus realtek audio manager I had on windows 7 ?..

Hi,

There is a way, you can use the legacy HDA drivers (outdated for your motherboard and for Windows 11, at your own risk) :

You can use Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers (HDA - ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME DTS&RTK) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (Intel 6x/7x/8x/9x/1xx & AMD Legacy 6xx/7xx/8xx/9xx).

Follow scrupulously the CLEANUP process then the INSTALL process from ASUS ROG/TUF/PRIME Realtek motherboards category.