cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fanexpert 4 - Bug report - Inconstant fan operations related to D£D / Dx Input

GeekhomeGamer
Level 7
( to community MODERATORS )
< PLEASE CHANGE THE THREAD TITLE IN : CORSAIR LINK 4 CAN CAUSE AI SUITE3/FAN EXPERT 4 INCOMPATIBILITY ISSUES . >
AND IF POSSIBLE STICKY IT!

UPDATE:

Seems confirmed that the problem is the Corsair Link 4 software services

( Corsair LINK Installer v4.9.4.28 )

my Ai Suite3 "PACKAGE" version is 2.00.14 + DIP5 1.04.92

I try to reinstall only AI suite 3 , DIp5 and Corsair Link4 .

UPDATE 2

I can confirm without errors the incompatibility between ( Corsair LINK Installer v4.9.4.28 ) and ai Suite3 / Fan Expert 4 (Dip5)

ASUS PLEASE... make a phone call to Corsair and fix this problem... is in your interests....

i can write to corsair support but... i'm not ASUSTek...

UPDATE 3

CONFIRMED!...

now without corsair link 4 installed .. fan calibration works flawlessy and with an increment of about 40% on calibration ACCURACY process.
Every fan are now detected fine and every aspect/function of Ai Suite3 works really well as expected.

Now on my PWM CPU_FAN i can go down to the correct fan specs "115rpm" instead of 570 rpm and now i can set "Extreme Quiet" rpm range. :D.

Seems that people using Corsair PSU with "i" DSP and monitoring functions are ( unfortunately ) forced to NOT USING the i features that corsair sells at about 30 to 130$ increase in price ...

excellent Corsair... i hope that your PSU , NVME , RAM and FANS don't work like your corsair link software.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I have found a possible BUG ( or incompatibility ) in Asus Ai Suite 3 - FanExpert4 Fan management software.

FanExpert 4 works for a LIMITED TIME from a fresh STARTUP/BOOT/REBOOT...

unfortunately after about 10/12 minutes Fanexpert stop working .. no more switch profile or fan adjustment curve are possible ... you have to REBOOT the system to be able to use fan expert/ai suite AGAIN as EXPECTED...

more in deep

After some investigations and tests i found that the problem occurs IMMEDIATELY if you start applications/softwares that uses Direct3D or Direct Input libraries...

For example i'm able to control all the fans of my build inside fan expert4 .. speed pwm or dc speeds.. switch profile like standard , turbo or silent , max speed or manual adjust fan curves... BUT... when i launch ANY game or Application that use D3D OR Dx INPUT... fanexpert immediatly stop working for cpu_fan and after 3/4/6 minutes stop working at all... and sometimes system completely self reboot.

More in deep

After other investigations and tests i found that the POSSIBLE cause is an incompatibility issues caused between Asus "services" and Corsair Link 4 monitoring system.

After Uninstalling everything related to Corsair/corsair link 4 "even corsair usb drivers".. asus fan expert 4 works fine EVEN with games and applications running in background...

Now my question is..

if a NORMAL "ok ok. power user" find this in 6 minutes ... why A COMPANY like ASUS... can't fix this problem in 1 week?...

how to reproduce the issues
windows 10 fcu
Corsair Link 4
asus ai suite 3 + dip5 suite
zenith extreme / asus motherboard . "tested even on 0902... " and i want to stay on 0804... don't tell me to update to 0902 besause THIS IS NOT THE SOLUTION...
threadripper 1950x
g.skill rgb 3200 cl14 ZTR "don't complaining on the ram because the ram is NOT the cause of this bug"
a keyboard and mouse
at least 128gb of HDD or SDD or NVME.

after installing everything...

open ai suite and try to made some adjustments... and you can easly see yourself that after some minutes or after launching any games ... fan expert stop working.

Game tested

Diablo 3
AssettoCorsa
Gears of war 4
Quantum break
Tomb raider anniversary
dirt rally
dirt 4
Batman arkham
Robo rekall
Medium
GTA 5