cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan Xpert4 Source

Mazinga
Level 7
Why cant i see my GPU as a source i Fan Xpert4?
is it because i now have a Zotax GTX 1080Ti Amp Extreme?
6 REPLIES 6

HisEvilness
Level 7
Fan expert does not count the fans on your GPU as part of that suite.

HisEvilness wrote:
Fan expert does not count the fans on your GPU as part of that suite.

I mean To use my GPU as a temperature source to force other PWM fans like chassie fans...

davemon50
Level 11
Well I sort of do that now by placing a temp probe on top the most used video card (slot 1) and then I use the discrimination logic in AI Suite for worst of 3 sensors to control the fans via PWM. The CPU is always the hottest whenever I check, as one would suspect, but the GPU is next in line and will ramp up the fans if it overtakes the CPU.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
Well I sort of do that now by placing a temp probe on top the most used video card (slot 1) and then I use the discrimination logic in AI Suite for worst of 3 sensors to control the fans via PWM. The CPU is always the hottest whenever I check, as one would suspect, but the GPU is next in line and will ramp up the fans if it overtakes the CPU.

When i had my Asus GTX 1070 it was there and now gone with the Zotac GTX..

davemon50
Level 11
You didn't mention that before. The Asus product you had before is the reason you could see it there. I have Sapphire Radeon Fury cards in mine, which is why I do it the way I described above. Placing a probe on top the card in a strategic location works but isn't a "perfect solution".
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
You didn't mention that before. The Asus product you had before is the reason you could see it there. I have Sapphire Radeon Fury cards in mine, which is why I do it the way I described above. Placing a probe on top the card in a strategic location works but isn't a "perfect solution".

Okej thx 😄