cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan Xpert (AI suit 2) losing fan control help!

eaglespeed
Level 7
hey guys.
as of late I have been experiencing this annoying issue with fan xpert 2, especially with CPU and CPU opt fans.
I have recently removed my H100i ( which I use to let control all the fans) and started using mobo PWM fan outputs.
what happens to Fan xpert 2 is that in my User profile. works fine for the 1st few hours of a fresh power up. then the CPU fan + CPU opt kinda just sticks to the lowest speed set by the user.
so the orange dot don't go up with the curve, instead it sticks at the bottom. so when the CPU load go up, the dot stays stagnant down there.

restarting the pc fixes the issue but up to the point I start to game it starts to happen again.
I have tried reinstalling the software again. cleaning the regestry from asus ai suit entries, stopping and restarting the fan service to no avail. I have even tried disabling fan q control in the bios but it gets re-enabled with fan xpert.
the only way to get the fans to increase speed is by selecting disabled instead of user, selecting any other profile also doesn't change the orange dot position at the bottom of the lowest set speed.
I suspect that Radeonpro may have some interference but I'm not sure. I set it to only detect in the games I add to it. I also suspect cuz I'm using 2 different type of fans. here are my specs. any help is appreciated.

- ASUS Rampage IV Gene LGA 2011 Intel X79 motherboard.
- Intel i7-4820K 3.70 GHz 10MB Cache (overclocked to 4.4GHz).
- Sapphire Nitro RX 460 4GB OCed
- Samsung S24D590L 1080p monitor.
- LG Flatron E1910
- Crucial 128 GB SSD for windows and programs.
- 4TB hard disk( WD Black 4 TB (7200RPM ).
- 16GB Ram 4x Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 4Gb 1600mhz.
- Cooler Master Master Air Pro 4 CPU cooler.
- Corsair Obsidian Series 350D Micro ATX Computer Case.
- Seasonic PLATINUM-1000 ATX 1000 Power Supply.
-------peripherals--------
- Mionix Naos 8200 optical gaming mouse.
- Razer Blackwidow tournment edition.
- Logitech C920 1080p webcam.
-------audio------------
- Creative Titanium HD audiophile grade soundcard hooked to Schiit asgard amplifier
- Denon AH-D5000 refernce studio headphonesːempireː
- hyperX Cloud Pro gaming headset hooked to sound blaster X-fi HD external DAC/AMP
- Edifier 350D 2.1 desktop speakers ːwhiterunː
- Rode NT-USB Professional Desktop Microphone.
------MISC------------
2 x Corsair SP120L High Performance Fans
2 x cooler master JETFLO 120
Cooler master MASTERACCESSORY universal LED strip - blue DUAL PACK

I think I'll order a fan controller but I still want to know the source of the problem and fix it without re installing windows.
0 REPLIES 0