cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan Xpert 4 & ROG Fan Controller (Crosshair VIII Extreme)

Murph_9000
Level 14
So, I was taking a quick look at the cooling section of the ROG Crosshair VIII Extreme product page, and spotted the following under the "ROG Fan Controller" tab:

ROG Fan Controller
The ROG Fan Controller offers six additional headers that can be controlled via FanXpert 4. The card features two temperature-sensor headers, along with two thermistors that can be attached to various components. There are also six ARGB headers to illuminate compatible fans and addressable strips.

Note the phrase "controlled via FanXpert 4". I see no sign of them in Fan Xpert 4 (inside Ai Suite 3). So, either the ASUS product/marketing people are wrong in thinking that the software actually does integrate properly, or I've got some fault or missing configuration on my system that's stopping Fan Xpert 4 seeing the ROG Fan Controller supplied with the motherboard. Has anyone successfully got control and monitoring of the USB ROG fan controllers from Fan Xpert 4? I can see the controller in AC, and configure it there, but would love to have a properly integrated control and monitoring solution which has all of the fans in one place. I've got the fan controller's USB 2.0 header cable connected to USB 2.0 port 1 on the motherboard.

Versions:

• Crosshair VIII Extreme BIOS 0801
  • ROG Fan Controller firmware 0103
  • Windows 11 Pro 21H2 22000.795
  • Armoury Crate 5.1.5.0
  • Ai Suite 3 (Dual Intelligent Processors 5 2.00.92)
  • Fan Xpert 4 (inside Ai Suite 3, not present in Armoury Crate)
1 REPLY 1

lao-ax
Level 8
Nope. It just doesn't work like a lot of other ASUS software for users.