cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EZ Update

Sverre
Level 9
What is this utility supposed to do?

For the first time I've installed a PC with the CD I got with my MB (This MB is Maximus X Formula), that's about a zillion times. So I check EZ Update, and it says there is no updates! Well, I get suspicious and check the downloads I did, last time I installed. And, sure, there are several new drivers available (and this was a month or so ago).

DRV_Audio_Realtek_TP_W10_64_VER6018339_20180214R
Intel_Graphics_Accelerator_Driver_win10-64_V23.20.16.4944
Intel_LAN_22.9
Intel_Rapid_Storage_Technology_Driver_WIN10-64_V16.0.2.1086
MEI_Consumer_11.7.0.1045_20171122
WIFI_Win10_2023.66.1104.2017_20171110

Why isn't EZ Update telling me this?
[/URL]
7 REPLIES 7

davemon50
Level 11
That utility generally only reports/updates major bugs. It doesn't update most things, you need to go to the motherboard support page and download them yourself on a regular (...or irregular if you like) basis.
Davemon50

davemon50 wrote:
That utility generally only reports/updates major bugs. It doesn't update most things, you need to go to the motherboard support page and download them yourself on a regular (...or irregular if you like) basis.

As I was afraid of.

Does anyone know why Asus, as one of the few HW/SW suppliers, doesn't tell us (via a utility) about every update they do?
[/URL]

davemon50 wrote:

ya pulled that answer straight out of you know where ... dont ya?

Their auto update software has been garbage and disfunctional well over a decade in all its variations and iterations.

They put it on disc just to have bragging rights that they include such "feature" with their product,but they dont even bother
to make it work its a fake software and always has been.

At least for now on newer boards the BIOS update via internet is coded into the BIOS itself and (although often not up to date)
will let you download a bios. Driver and specfically AI SUITE 3 updates (if they ever bother to release proper ones) are a pain in the ass .

I've always used Asus mobos but this is a pain who would recommend fro quality of boards and has a utility that keeps all drivers up to date?

katlani
Level 9
That utility cant even find a BIOS update.. even with the crucial ones with CPU microcode update. Throughout my entire ASUS experience, it never found any update.
It is a component with ASUS AI Suite, you can access it via that application too.

katlani wrote:
That utility cant even find a BIOS update.. even with the crucial ones with CPU microcode update. Throughout my entire ASUS experience, it never found any update.
It is a component with ASUS AI Suite, you can access it via that application too.

Yeah, I guessed as much. I've built PC's since 2011 and had 4 Rampage and 1 Maximus MB's, and reinstalled them so many times I want to forget it, but never ever has EZ Updated said anything. This time I wanted to do it by the book, so I installed Windows and then ran the CD. But lo and behold, EZ Update still didn't say anything. I seriously wonder why Asus want's to give it's users so much extra, wasted, time to keep the drivers updated. Maybe they just don't give a ####?
[/URL]

katlani
Level 9
yeap, ASUS is extremely lacking on the software front to my taste, i'm still waiting for them to update the AURA GFX card utility to meet the updated UAC version of Windows 10, so a notification if i want to run this software after each reboot will not be displayed.