cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EZ Update won't work.

elec_tro_fun
Level 7
So EZ update does not work on my computer. When I attempt to connect (download idx file) It gives error message:

#
Debug Assertion Failed!

Program C: ........ EzUpdt.exe
File: dbgheap.c
Line:1017

Expression:_BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead-#

How can I fix this or stop EZ Update from running at startup?

I saw in another thread regarding AI Suite to uninstall, then use "the tool" to remove remnants, and then reinstall AI Suite. What tool do they speak of? Would that likely fix it?
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
Could you share what your hardware is please.

The tool is in my sig and in Raja's too. If you can possibly help it do not use the update software in OS.

What are you trying to do with the updates? Are needing to fix an issue, maybe we can help you directly. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

No, I'm having no issues. Just annoyed by EZ update always there in the system tray when I start computer, which doesn't work (EZ Update that is). I just manually updated bios, etc. - so I don't really need it. It would be nice as a easy way to check for updates, if it worked. Otherwise I'd like it gone from my system tray at startup.

Maximus V Extreme
Intel Core I7 3770K
Windows 7 x64
32G 2400MHz DDR3
Nvidia GTX 680
Samsung SSD 840 PRO

HiVizMan
Level 40
You can simply uninstall it or remove it from the start options if you like, I tend to remove it completely.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Remove form what start options? Ai suite or EZ update is not in startup list in msconfig or startup folder.

You tend to remove it completely. What? Ai Suite or just EZ Update. How to remove just EZ update?

HiVizMan
Level 40
You simply remove AISuite completly EZupdate is part of that bundle.