Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does AISuite 3 Work for you

SaLSouL
Level 10
Poll to find out who its working for

for those that answer yes please post your MB model
35 REPLIES 35

Asus P9X79 Deluxe ( Ok, i know this mobo use the AIS II, but i think ASUS can do More for his customers, like an Unified Software and Separate Modules ! )
-= Gringo =-

GringoTM wrote:
Asus P9X79 Deluxe ( Ok, i know this mobo use the AIS II, but i think ASUS can do More for his customers, like an Unified Software and Separate Modules ! )

I'm still running the P9X79-E WS. Best board I've ever purchased. Your is just as good. Is yours over clocked?

icatt23 wrote:
I'm still running the P9X79-E WS. Best board I've ever purchased. Your is just as good. Is yours over clocked?

In Winter i Overclock at 4.3ghz stable in summer i use on regular 3.3ghz clock, but i hate the absolute unssupport for old board, and is an lga2011....
i have an Core i7 3960X and there is no update for bios microcode, i hate put in trash an 999$ processor, ..ok now is 300$ value but asus need to cange mentality, is need a new AISUITE for all, an Universal module for all board and sub modules for every mobo.
I have made my frankestin ASUS SUIT III much year ago, but on windows 10 it give more problem and asus suite II do not work well.
-= Gringo =-

GringoTM wrote:
In Winter i Overclock at 4.3ghz stable in summer i use on regular 3.3ghz clock, but i hate the absolute unssupport for old board, and is an lga2011....
i have an Core i7 3960X and there is no update for bios microcode, i hate put in trash an 999$ processor, ..ok now is 300$ value but asus need to cange mentality, is need a new AISUITE for all, an Universal module for all board and sub modules for every mobo.
I have made my frankestin ASUS SUIT III much year ago, but on windows 10 it give more problem and asus suite II do not work well.

I'm on a 4960X overclocked to 46ghz. But I'm watercooled on a lapped CPU. ASUS Suit is crap for overclocking. Gave it many many chances and it always crashed sooner or later.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Absolutely not.....
Too many issues for me over several builds, really tanked my M8E to an unrecoverable state by simply using the software to OC then had a stable platform....so I thought....Until I loaded the saved default values. That fairly new board never booted again....

IMO the write to the BIOS rom on the fly while the machine is up has not been mastered. Too many other solid alternatives for the fans and such, I use Aquaero. For OC I use the BIOS. App 5 way optimization? You are joking right? Tried that once...learned my lesson....and moved on.

The draw for me was the perceived ability to reliably make changes/tweak without the need for a reboot on every change. This logic proved to be unsound....

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
IMO the write to the BIOS rom on the fly while the machine is up has not been mastered. ….. the perceived ability to reliably make changes/tweak without the need for a reboot on every change. This logic proved to be unsound....

JustinThyme, this is informative and explains a lot of things that go wrong, not only with AISuite but also bad BIOS flashes from Windows. I know the UEFI standards are supposed to provide for protected access to BIOS from the OS, but success depends on how it is implemented. I guess we are not there yet.

AISuite 3: I installed it to set fan profiles on a Rampage 5 Extreme. It worked fine until the Windows 10 Creator's Update. I uninstalled it and now control fans from BIOS. To be fair, I don't know if Microsoft or ASUS is at fault.

Yes it does.

7 years experience with AI Suite. Good for monitoring, horrible for stable over clocks. Bios over clocking only.

Fan Xpert doesn't work well on my ROG Maximus IX Formula. Can't see graphics card temperature since those spectre/meltdown updates.